“Magically Delicious!!”

Chicken Kebab
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Stoughton
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Eat like a King! Every single morsel is scrumptious! Every dish you order is a magical tastebud opening experience! You always leave with a smile and an extremely happy belly! I'm in total Love with this hidden magical gem!

There are newer reviews for Chicken Kebab

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

I was disappointed to learn chaloos was closed but then stumbled across this hidden gem in Stoughton center. Had a great lamb kebab which came with rice and veggies and also ordered cinnamon baklava. The kebab was great and the baklava was to die for. Big portion for takeout. Price is reasonable. Can't wait to try the falafel and door next time. There is some non street parking by the cross walk in Stoughton center which appears to be free if the street parking isn't available. I didn't eat in this time but there are eight or so tables for 2 to 4 people. Everything was clean.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Stoughton desperately needs an influx of restaurants, and this quaint Mediterranean-inspired dining spot, which inhabits the space once occupied by a Bajan restaurant in Stoughton's still dilapidated town center (where a town fire ravaged a number of buildings years ago and which remain vacant), wants to please its customers.

Chicken Kebab should be considered more of a takeout restaurant, but there are a half dozen tables inside for sit-down meals. The walls are vibrantly painted orange, and there is a large glass case behind the counter in which delicious desserts (including variations of ultra-flaky, moist baklava - my personal favorite, coconut flavor topped with pistachio) can be viewed, along with the restaurant's friendly owner preparing dishes in the kitchen.

While portions are absolutely monstrous for the price (appetizers top out around $7, while entrees that can comfortably feed up to 4 people top out around $18), some plates succeed more than others. We start with hummus ($5.95), whose accompanying warmed pita bread is comforting whereas the hummus itself is a tad heavy in texture and surprisingly bland, desperate for an infusion of seasoning. More appealing is a mountainous Shepard's salad ($6.95 for large portion) consisting of cucumbers, peppers, onions, parsley (which could have been inserted into the hummus), red and green onions, vinegar and oil.

Entrees are equally hit or miss. While the Mixed Grill ($17.50) succeeds with its juicy chicken and sweet grilled tomatoes and onions, it falters with its shockingly overcooked, bland, underseasoned meats, ranging from thinly pounded slices of lamb shish, adana (long, minced meat kebab), kofte (Turkish meatball), and doner. The restaurant also needs to clarify on its menu that the dish's accompanying peppers are intensely hot peppers - one large bite left me gasping for air. Pity that the restaurant is out of whole striped bass, which is swapped out for a disappointingly bland serving of sea bass. One dining companion complains that her plate's flavor is offputtingly bitter.

Service is a bit disjointed given the small space and one server, but friendly enough. Alcohol is not served, but the restaurant does stock a number of interesting tropical fruit juices (including zippy ginger pineapple).

I truly hope that Chicken Kebab succeeds. Stoughton needs more restaurants like these to help enliven its town center. Customers will appreciate the large portions and affordable price points, but the owners will need to refine their technique in the kitchen to ensure a successful long-term stint. Chicken Kebab could both literally and figuratively benefit from more seasoning.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Kabob Chicken has a casual restaurant setting serving delicious flavorful food reminiscent of my Mediterranean trip in 2016. A loaf of still warm homemade bread with a dish of butter was generously placed on the table, a refill offered when our meals were brought. My friend had Chicken Kabobs and I had to try my favorite, Moussaka. Both entrees were served with generous portions of rice pilaf, bulgur wheat and vegetables. Neither of us could eat more than half the food on our plate which means we’ll have another scrumptious meal! Our host Ali was a genuine Mediterranean chef wearing his apron and hiding his smile until he knew how pleased we were with our selections. As he helped us package our leftovers he suddenly remembered we hadn’t tried his infamous homemade rice pudding and rushed to the back to get some for us to take home since we were running late for a class and didn’t have nearly enough time to visit with him. Imagine my surprise later when I savored the pudding; not too sweet, not too thick but simply luscious. I closed my eyes to enjoy the depth of flavor I could almost hear my Nana in the other room.

Although I don’t live close I will be returning to visit Ali and his Kabob Chicken as often as I am able and I recommend you do as well.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

We discovered this place by accident and have returned more times than I can count! We've also recommended it over and over and everyone loves it as much as we do. This place is owned and operated by one man who does everything! The menu is Middle Eastern. Everything is made on site and delicious. Portions are VERY generous so plan to share or take food home. The owner could not be nicer! Service is excellent!