“Yum”

Ranked #3 of 66 Restaurants in Sturbridge
Price range: US$1 - US$44
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sturbridge Seafood is offers a variety of creatively prepared dishes from sea and land featuring the freshest seafood the area has to offer. Our menu changes almost daily to reflect what is available. From award-winning chowder to shared plates to entrees there is something for everyone. We have 14 taps of craft and American brews, over 20 wines by the glass and artisan as well as classic cocktails that change with the whim of our bar staff. We are excited to add our unique culinary perspective to the Sturbridge, MA restaurant scene!
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were in Sturbridge and wanted to try somewhere we hadn’t tried before. A friend of ours suggested Sturbridge Seafood. It was busy when we went in, so we took that as a good sign. I had the fish and chips and my wife had the fish tacos. It was delicious ! They gave my wife 3 tacos, she could only eat 2. My fish and chips had a heavenly batter on it. We each got mixed drinks that were well made with proper kick.
There is only 1 “bad” table there in my opinion, and we had it. It’s small and right at the door coming in basically, and that didn’t ruin our meal, but that’s the only reason I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. The price was good and fair and we will surely go back soon!

1  Thank Erik F

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Great choice of oysters, good service, chopped salad was awesome. Will definitely visit again when in the area.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Service was excellent. My husband and I shared the clam chowder on fried potatoes with bacon...too many calories, but amazing. Then we each had a salad. Fresh with beautiful presentations. His was a Caesar salad in a homemade cheese crisp cup. Mine was a chopped salad with a homemade tortilla. He had fish and chips and said it was the freshest he has had in a long time. And, I had swordfish. Really appreciated the server & chef. I requested it well done...and it came just as I like it.
Looking forward to our return!

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Louisiana folks use the term "lagniappe" to describe something that is "the icing on the cake". Well, yesterday Sturbridge Seafood was truly my wife and my lagniappe. We live in Connecticut and do a yearly one day drive into Massachusetts to view the autumn foliage. We were a little early yesterday (foliage was just changing) but the weather was great and the drive was easy and enjoyable. On the way back we were getting hungry and realized that getting to a restaurant near to our home would be a little late for dinner. So, as I drove my wife explored places near our route and Sturbridge Seafood "popped up". She called and asked for a table for two at 6:00 and that was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. The place is wonderful! From the time we stepped through the front door we were treated like regular customers. We were seated quickly and a waitress came over shortly to give us menus and the wine list. She gave us some time and then came back a little while later to take our drink order (house Pinot Grigio for us both; reasonable price) and anything else that we might need in the way of starters. Everything on the menu looked great but our appetites don't allow us each to have starters and then a regular dinner item. So we opted to split a three stage meal. We started by sharing a bowl of their New England Clam Chowder (rich, creamy, and flavorful, with lots of clams); absolutely delicious. We then shared an order of Oysters Rockefeller (6 oysters prepared and cooked perfectly); and the presentation was superb. We moved onto the Fish and Chips (again shared) and shared a comment that they were the best that we have had in recent months (and we just got back from a trip to England where Fish and Chips is a staple; for them as it was for us). This order of Fish and Chips topped all that we had on our trip. We had no room for dessert. But, as we left we did thank the waitress (and complimented the chef) for a great meal and a wonderful time in Sturbridge. Our daughter and her husband live nearby in NE Connecticut so our next visit will be as a foursome (actually as a five-some; our grandson will want to come too). They can't wait!

Reviewed 20 October 2017

The Salmon was so delicious with its panko crust topping and the horseradish sauce. Yes, I said horseradish sauce! I was so surprised to learn that it does indeed compliment salmon! My husband had the seered scallops that were topped with carmelized onion & bacon jam! Wow......that was fantastic!!