“Excellent sushi option in Metrowest”
Review of Fugakyu

Fugakyu
Reserve with OpenTable
Fugakyu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 36 Restaurants in Sudbury
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We came for my son's 10th birthday, just as we did for his 9th birthday. We sat in the same table and the same server remembered both of my sons because she was impressed with their ability to eat sushi. We ordered a boat and supplemented it with a number of different "fun" rolls, including the Crazy Maki and Caterpillar Maki. I also ordered some suzuki nigiri. Everything looked and tasted great. I'm fairly picky about my sushi and I have to say that in the half-dozen or so times we've eaten at Fugakyu Cafe, we've always left feeling very pleased with our experience.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

The sushi was pretty good and the restaurant had a nice atmosphere, but honestly was about 3x the price that I am used to so I probably won't return

Reviewed 5 May 2017

We have been eating sushi once a month at Fugakyu in Sudbury for many years now. In all these years we have never had an experience that hasn't been exceptional. The sushi is really fresh and flavorful. The menu has some unusual selections and I would encourage experimenting. You must have the sake kinuta maki. Since we have been there so often we have developed a warm relationship with some of the staff. Albert is our favorite.

1  Thank Ajit M
Reviewed 7 March 2017

I frequent this location but have been to the Brookline outpost many times and find the Brookline location to offer superior food, presentation and service. That said, you can't beat their lunch deals. I don't visit often for dinner as the menu isn't very innovative. Same old, same old with robotic waitstaff. Unfortunately, "No substitutions" doesn't work well with the locals who are supportive, (like me), so I skip Fugakyu for dinner and just benefit from their good lunch deals.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

The waitress followed us outside the restaurant. In aggressive manner he tried to push me to tip her more than I decide to do. I think that is common practice in this restaurant. Avoid the place.

Been to Fugakyu? Share your experiences!