“Somewhere you find Home!”
Review of Tioman Dive Buddy

Tioman Dive Buddy
Reviewed 15 July 2015

Had my Open Water Diving license here. The team is amazing and friendly. Good food! Good environment! Friendly bosses and instructors! A great retreat! Its a awesome retreat from the busy city.

3  Thank ChunJia S

Reviewed 30 May 2015

Tioman island is a good place to relax and spend your vacation.this island composed of i guess 27 resort or more...since we we're both less budget we stayed the cheapest chalets..im trying to remember the name of that chalets..if i am not wrong its jungle chalets..im not sure..that place was really awesome for a less budget like me.could you imagine we only pay 1500 RM for 1 week.oh my!my husband surprised.we went snorkeling and the gear was for free.they didn't charged maybe they forgot or its just for free..it was too wavy at that time because of habagat..what in my mind is that i was on a roller coaster as i was on the speedboat..anyhow the place was really cool!u can go out to the jungle with or without tour guide.u can decide coz they offer.its not dangerous people there were friendly.u can do island hopping too..snorkeling was my best thing i did..colorful corals around the the big rocks on that island.anywhere in the whole island was super..

2  Thank Mildred C
Reviewed 14 April 2015

Been to this dive center for 3 consecutive years. Each trip is 4 days and 3 nights. TDB (Tioman Dive Buddy) is a very friendly, professional and fun place to be in, the management and crew members are the type of people you would like to meet while on holiday!! They definitely go extra miles to please you and do not compromise with safety when we dive. They will take us to the sites that suits your diving skills, no nonsense and the diving experience is like a 5 star resort in any part of the world. We are encouraged not to carry our tanks to the boat and asked to only bring our mask, fins, weight belt and towel (they even provide clean towel for each divers)!! After each dive, they serve us biscuits and HOT BLACK COFFEE and not forgetting mineral waters.
For those who wish to dive in Tioman Island, there are a few kampungs or settlements. If you choose Tekek, I would recommend TRD and if you choose Genting, TDB is my ONLY choice or recommendation. Here are mu summary of review:
1. Accomodation - the dorm type room is ok and clean - 6/10
2. Food - they served simple home cook meals - 7/10
3. Dive crews - Fun, safe, accomodating, knowledgeable - 9/10
4. Dive sites - OMG ...... 10/10 especially Bahara and Labas
5. Dive boat - big enough for 10 divers, well maintained and fast - 8/10
6. Dive center - shower area is clean, toilet is clean, seperate container for photography equipments, area to hang wet suits, individual basket for diver to store their mask, fins, belt, glove and any loose add ons - 8/10

Overall nice place to spend a weekend and short getaway for city dwellers

2  Thank flowi f
Reviewed 30 November 2014

went there thrice and cant refrain myself from going there again! great location, beautiful sandy beach. Stargazing at night can be dangerous! you will probably end up with neck pain because the stars up there is always impressively beautiful. Falling asleep every night with the sound of waves crashing on the beach.....nuff said. Once we met wild dolphins during a boat dive and it was undisputedly amazing!!! Every staff there is very professional and funny!They are really friendly and willing to answer questions! Water temperature was okay but every time when I get on boat after finished a dive I cant stop shivering. There's a house reef right in front of tdb and it's full of surprise!

4  Thank Gwennetha T
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 November 2014 via mobile

We've been to Pulau Tioman on numerous occasion, be it for a short trip over the weekend, or an escapade away from the rush & hassle of a Singaporean lifestyle, even for our dive courses.
This part of the island is very new to me, I've never alighted on Genting before and not to mention dive here but to my surprise. This little place that's so unknown is actually so untouched, I visited this place in July when they're nowhere found in Trip Advisor even and because of the satisfaction of its diving guest they're told to register one so that these guests can drop their comments and suggestions in it.
The house reefs here are rich and healthy, colorful and plentiful. Staffs are passionate experienced divers, owners are a group of hardcore divers who just wanted to own this place for themselves initially when they first started.
The place is rustic and simple because owners do not want to make too much construction work to the place that will ruin its environment, simple but yet fully serviceable to provide for a few days lodging for us sea lover.
The only suggestion I have is to bring along whatever food you intend to have extra, aside from the simple meals and also insect repellent is definitely a must due to its urban style in front of trees & plants.

5  Thank Wayne T