The Westin Waltham-Boston
HYATT house Boston/Waltham(Waltham)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$213
US$203
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Waltham Boston(Waltham)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$156
US$149
US$147
Hotels.com
US$128
US$119
US$143
Courtyard Boston Waltham(Waltham)(Great Value!)
US$143
Hotels.com
Crescent Suites Hotel(Waltham)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsself parkparking garagedunkin donutsnice hotelroom servicean upgradethe room was niceper nightsized bedbusiness triphotel restaurantcomfortable roomsvaletlobbybostonrelishconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2018

It's a Westin, it has nice beds. That's about it. But hey, guess what? So do the other hotels in the immediate area that are catering to the business travelers. I compared 3 local properties, the Westin, the Hilton Garden Inn and the Hampton Inn. For your money, the Westin is the biggest disappointment, and I would only stay here again if it was free. Charging for parking and internet might still be a "thing" in the larger cities (although honestly I don't know any place in Boston proper that still dings you for wifi), but out in the 'burbs where all of the hotels are essentially the same, it makes a hotel look like it's nickel-and-diming you to death. And don't believe them when they say they charge for parking to keep the parking lot tip-top. Nope. It's a parking lot.
But- it is a Westin, and it has decent amenities like you would expect. There's nothing spectacular at this one in particular. If you're paying for your own hotel and you care about things like saving money where it counts, pick another hotel in the immediate area. They are all pretty much the same and you'll get an overall better price elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Deirdre W
ThomasBeth, Director of Operations at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback Deirdre W. We appreciate when our guests point out opportunities of improvement at our hotel. I have shared your review with our management team to look into parking and internet. We hope to welcome you back to the Westin Waltham Boston for a much more pleasant stay!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

This place is absolutely perfect! The bed was comfy, the staff are friendly, helpful and accommodating. It was clean, there was every amenity possible. BE SURE that you don't stay in a room near the elevator. You hear the bell ringing all night long and boisterous folks after hours. The pool looks deceptively small in the pictures. It is, in reality, smaller than most hotel pools that I've experienced, but our four kids had a blast and there was plenty of room. I stayed here due to power outage in the recent Nor'easter. There was a GREAT rate on trip advisor ($89 a night). When I tried to book it, the rate increased by $100. I called to question this and we compromised on $119 a night...which turned into $139 including fees at check out. I feel that this was a STEAL considering all that we got for the $, although a teeny bit deceptive. The original plan was that I would be staying alone, but once the night got rolling the kids decided that they wanted to stay with me. We got a rollaway bed at no extra charge right away. This hotel made me feel like the most important person in the building. It was a lot of fun! Cedric was incredible!

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators (410 and 402 BAD bad bad!)
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
ThomasBeth, Director of Operations at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback w0rldtraveler613! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Waltham Boston and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Came here for a small conference event. I was disappointed by the garage situation (open when we arrived, supposed to be free for conference attendees, but then closed with no attendant during standard business hours exit). The bar/restaurant was very busy because the weather was bad and there is no place to walk to. Nothing special about this hotel in this class.

Stayed: March 2018
ThomasBeth, Director of Operations at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback Waterlily741, we appreciate opportunities of improvement that our guests bring to our attention. Your review has been shared with our operations team to ensure that everything goes smoothly during our events. We hope to welcome you back for a much more pleasant stay.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

As this hotel was unable to book a room for us, this is more of a comment on their reservation practices than the hotel itself.

My husband is a frequent business traveller, and books Marriott hotels almost exclusively. As Starwood properties are now part of the Marriott brand, he attempted to book a room in this hotel. As a wheelchair user, he requested an accessible room with a roll-in shower. This is not a preference for him, it is a necessity. Reservations told him, they would "try" to reserve this type of room, but "could not guarantee it". They did not seem to understand that without the roll-in shower, the room would not be usable by him. It's not a preference, like "water view" or "higher floor". He can not take a chance on arriving at the hotel, and finding they do not have an accessible room for him. So this hotel was a no-go.

Hopefully Starwood brands will be educated that this policy -- "maybe we'll have a room for you" -- does not work for a person with a disability.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank L_Shultz
ThomasBeth, Director of Operations at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback L_Shultz, I do apologize for the issue that you and your husband had during your stay. I have shared your review with our front office manager to ensure that our staff know that an accessible room is required for wheelchair access. We hope to welcome you back to the Westin Waltham Boston for a much more pleasant stay.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

This is truly a hotel that doesn't suit its guests. Seems to be constantly being changed, not for the best. There's no such dries shop, their Starbucks licensed coffee bar operates on very limited hours.

The restaurant is now a burger bar, with nothing offered until evening. No real bar, what they have closes at 10pm weekends. Arriving hungry at 3pm, with no food available we walked two blocks where the restaurants operate to serve customers and they serve typical daytime - lunch and dinner and evening hours.

The whole lower level except the ballroom is in the process of construction, not sure for what.

My 'upgraded' room was standard with a tiny sitting room outside the bed area. I didn't notice any change since my last visit two years ago. The hotel was pretty empty, so I don't know why we were assigned a room furthest from the elevator. A looong walk. I stay there only for SPG nights credit, and the location is convenient.

Oh, since there's no notion shop, the only beverage available is the two small bottles that go with the room. There's no vending machines either. We spent as little time there as possible.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
ThomasBeth, Director of Operations at The Westin Waltham-Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback James M. We always appreciate when our guests give us feedback on areas of improvement. I have shared your review with our management team. We did just go through a renovation with our meeting space areas so that was the construction that was going on in the hotel. We hope to welcome you back to the Westin Waltham Boston for a much more pleasant stay.