All reviews front desk person an extended stay continental breakfast minute drive maintenance
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Our insurance company put us up here for about six weeks prior to returning to our house following a fire. The hotel allows pets and our cat seemed to enjoy it. The room was clean and was refreshed by request. Cooking facilities are minimal but are sufficient for breakfast and light lunches. There are quite a number of good restaurants close-by (some of which deliver); Waltham Center is about a 10 minute drive away with a plethora of restaurants. The hotel had a sort of continental breakfast, but we were never awake that early to try it. The complementary internet was adequate for our purposes--mostly email. Service was very prompt and polite.

Some negatives: heating is forced hot air meaning the room got very dry in the cold weather. The water level in the toilet is too high; part of our bodies got wet while sitting there. There are few in-hotel amenities but that was of no consequence to us as we rarely use them anywhere.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable review of Extended Stay America. Service and facilities are our best assets that we can offer to our guests, and we are glad to know you had a comfortable time with us. Also, we have shared your comments with the appropriate teams for further improvements. We hope to welcome you and your family in the near future.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Smelly corridors, worn out furniture - this place needs an upgrade urgently. Staff was not helpful. Did not allow me to keep my luggage at the reception for a short time after check-out. The adjacent property (32 4th Street) did not have any problems in keeping the luggage though. Not recommended

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thank you for your review. We're sorry you experienced so many difficulties during your stay with us. This is not the type of review we are accustomed to receiving, and it is very disappointing to read. Your comments will be shared with the team, and we will take the appropriate steps to prevent these issues from happening again. We invite you to come back and validate the changes we will be implementing and to experience the stay you expect and deserve.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Staff was incredibly friendly and welcoming. I stayed for over a year (not initially planned for) and they made it seem like a full service apartment property. No issues during the stay and would highly recommend this location!

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
1  Thank connorl458
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Extended Stay America. We take great pride in delivering excellent service so reviews like yours assure us that we are meeting that goal. Our staff is committed to making sure that our guests enjoy their stay so thank you for appreciating their efforts. It is great when guests recognize their hard work. We hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to our area.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Room was very good. Very clean and smelled fresh. Beds were firm but comfortable. Only stayed one night so not a lot of interaction with staff. Only complaint would be the bathroom. It just needs to be updated. Tub was a little sketchy. Would stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We're glad to know how much you liked our comfortable beds and the great condition of your room. It's important that our guests enjoy a relaxing environment, and we appreciate you highlighting the many positive aspects of your stay. Your feedback is appreciated as it will help us improve our service and facilities moving forward. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I don't always go by reviews because I know sometimes people are just picky but the reviews for this hotel are SPOT ON. I have learned my lesson. The pictures looked okay and I was just looking for something mediocre that I could stay in for a night. I graduated in hotel management so I love staying at different hotels and finding the good in them. Today, the only good was Link at the front desk. He was very friendly, looked a little overwhelmed. But gave me a warm welcome. There were a couple of complaints while I was checking in, should've been a warning. The hallways were SO dim and dingy and smelled of cigarette smoke. The room looks like it hasn't been updated since 1976. The bed was hard and honestly I was scared to even sit on it. There were stains on the walls, curtain (the closet door) and curtains. The stove is honestly older than I am. The kitchenette has a bunch of drawers and cabinets but they had nothing in them but stains of old food. I'm pretty sure one of the cabinets was missing a door as well. I was so grossed out by the room, I decided to leave and drive the 2 hours home. This hotel wasn't that much less expensive than the new hotels surrounding it. BOOK ELSEWHERE. I was unable to get my money back even though I spent less than 5 minutes in the hotel, which I totally understand there are policies. But, do yourself a favor and don't even bother. It was worth it to me to just get out of there. Like I said, the customer service at the front desk was great, but that was THE ONLY thing this hotel had going for it.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Mia, please accept our sincerest apologies for not living up to your expectations which led to a disappointing stay. We want every guest who stays with us to have a comfortable experience and to depart with a lasting favorable impression, but we are extremely sorry we failed in doing so while you were here. We have shared your concerns with the responsible teams in an effort to improve our performance going ahead. Please consider choosing us again so we can restore your faith in us.