“Love it Here”
Review of Branch Line

Branch Line
Reserve with OpenTable
Branch Line is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 113 Restaurants in Watertown
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I always love coming here. Professionally run, nice atmosphere, consistently excellent chow and service, great selection of beers and wine. What's not to like?

Our apps/salads were great as usual, entrees included the always awesome chicken and the pork dish. Fried potatoes and mushrooms also excellent. Nice red from the Rhone. Attentive, professional service.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

This place is rather out of the way, but the parking is easy. Our table was ready for us and the service was fine. The major problem is the noise; people at two tables were raucous and decidedly impolite. The chicken was quite good, but the chocolate mousse was quite strange, containing more whipped cream than chocolate. I won't come again.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Somewhat off the beat and path on Arsenal Street in a set of renovated brick buildings that include a small museum and the Boston Sports Club. Doing pretty good business for Saturday brunch, including what appeared to be a bridal shower. The bread was a chewy rustic with fine olive oil. I had the quarter rotisserie chicken with the dressed salad which was simple but fresh. Rotisserie can also be taken away (good to know.)
Attractive interior on the small side but I bet it’s buzzing when the patio is in full swing. Will be back when the weather gets warmer.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

With TripAdvisor reviews to go by, we booked Branch Line for our adult daughter's birthday party. They nailed it!
We weren't sure what to expect. I've done business in the converted industrial buildings nearby, and I've eaten at the Panera Bread next door. What would this be?
Turns out to be a vaulted industrial space with huge windows streaming in early evening sun on the first day after daylight savings time started. The ceilings are so high that it's not noisy. Somehow, the conversation stayed at the table without creating a din from the nearby tables. Along the long side of the room stands a bar with spare modern taps like art along the whitewashed wall. At the end is the open kitchen - bright and busy. In the corner between them, the roasting station redolent with prime rib and chickens coming off the rotisserie. I have to admit being a little distracted from my family since we were near the kitchen, but, it was fun to see dinner happening.
Service was fantastic. As soon as he heard that we like sour beers, our serve came to life with suggestions and conversation about pairings. We chose a fantastic Sang Rouge sour from their cellar, certainly one of the best (not longest) bottle lists around. Two of us chose from the varied 20 strong draft list and loved their unfiltered pilsners.
Our server warned us that the appetizers are large enough to share, so we ordered a double of the snap pea salad and a stuffed flatbread. The salad combined with sweetness of sliced raw peas with earthy ricotta cheese, ground almonds and a little mint - fresh and satisfying. The flatbread was crispy, stuffed with fontina cheese, garlic and za'atar: a middle eastern spice mix - savory and rich - plenty for the six of us to have a large wedge.
Dinner continued at a high level. Most of us switched to wine: a rich red to go with steaks and pork medallions. I had a wonderful Imperial Stout to go with my prime rib. And the entrees? Great! My prime rib was medium rare, warmed in a pan and served with horseradish fried potatoes and crisp onions and garlic. We had broccolini and cheese cauliflower for the table and they went great with the meat (although the broccolini was grilled a little too hard). The black barley risotto was another highlight.
As often happens, we had no room for dessert, although the restaurant offered us a cupcake for a candle if we wanted to sing. Our daughter is past that, so we just had decaf and tea. But, the warm memories of family and good food will linger.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Big renovated industrial building next to a fast-food place around the corner from a parking garage? Standing room only at the bar and hip but unobtrusive background music? Young and beautiful wait staff? Food expectations: generic. Results: our expectations were smoked. Been there twice now. Branch Line has it going on. With a limited but creative (and garlic intensive) menu, the real standout features are the curated wine list and some seriously schooled bartenders. And oh please. Twenty beers on tap? Granted, I’m not a beer guy, but I don’t think a bourbon barrel-aged Russian imperial stout or a Flemish sour brown ale are your typical pub fare. As for food, the deviled lamb rillettes and the garlic grilled squid with sopressata paired with that unusual Corsican red are my current go-to’s. The black barley risotto is pretty happening, too. Check ‘em out.