“Mostly good Food!”
Review of The Coach Grill

The Coach Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Coach Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Wayland
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Connecticut
Reviewed 23 May 2018

The atmosphere seems to be geared toward the older crowd. Depending on who you get for a server, it can be a little slow. Food overall is mostly good. Drinks are very good. Somethings on the menu were better elsewhere but it's hard to have the best of everything. I would recommend it for sure everyone's tastebuds are different.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Was there for Mother’s Day Brunch. Crowded, as I would have expected. Didn’t see our server for about ten minutes, which was irritating, and nothing really changed. Server was polite, but I think we were too far from the kitchen, for the amount of tables, and help that she had. She spent more time running back and forth, and ultimately the meal took way too long, and as a result, probably won’t go back. Some of our food was good. Tough to ruin breakfast, but couple of the waffles were burnt. Couple of us ordered off of the main menu. Steak was good. Fish was cold. Had to wait too long for drinks. Just not a good experience for an upscale dining establishment.

CoachGrillManager, Manager at The Coach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hello Mikey, so sorry to hear your Mother's Day experience was less than perfect. Please reach out to our General Manager, David Wilson, so he may contact you personally. wayland@coachgrillrestaurant.com
Thank you.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

It’s been a while since my last visit and I was instantly reminded why. The ambiance is very stodgy and, well, outdated. It’s the epitome of a 1980 steakhouse. Food was okay. Steakhouse, remember. If you like big slabs of meat at unreasonable prices, you’re in the right place. On the plus side, they don’t nickel and dime you on sides. My Delmanico steak came with (undercooked) asparagus and mashed potatoes. The steak wasn’t bad but nothing special either. I didn’t care much for the wine list. Reasonable choices are overpriced and the two by the glass options we tried from the winery they’re pushing were underwhelming. The desserts were unimaginative and disappointing. The cheesecake with coulis for example tasted like store bought cheesecake from Stop and Shop, with two streaks of red stuff on the plate.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Not my best experience here. The place was so busy that we weren't seated till 30 mins after our reservation... then it took a very long time for our apps. Was nice that management, recognizing the problem, comped our apps. The wine I ordered wasn't in stock. The food was good but the dining experience suffered. Usually much better.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

My wife and I came to the Coach Grill as a date night. We hadn't been there together under its relatively new ownership, and most times I have gone, it has been for corporate holiday lunches with limited menus. It is quite popular and so a bit crowded, but we were seated in a nice side room that was a bit more calm. The server was friendly and efficient. The wine list is very good and there is a terrific selection of wines by the glass. I had a special salad with greens, cinnamon dusted baked apple slivers, toasted pecans, blue cheese in a vinaigrette dressing. Although larger than I needed, it was very good and I finished the whole. My wife started with a warm spinach salad that ids typically served as an entree accompaniment. She loved it! I had a baked lobster stuffed with crabmeat for my entree. It was perfectly cooked and accompanied by a wonderful corn pudding. My wife had a ribeye that she said was delicious. We got a side of cauliflower in mornay sauce that was a great accompaniment to both entrees. I have to get back here more often!