Wellesley Bed & Breakfast
Homewood
US$112
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

Residence Inn Boston Needham(Needham)(Great Value!)
US$119
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

US$252
US$191
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$223/night.

US$189
Hampton.com
US$144
Courtyard
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

US$116
US$125
US$99
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

Crescent Suites Hotel(Waltham)
US$189
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$222/night.

All reviewsshoe rackhoneymoon suitelovely placelocation was perfecthosthomebentleydowntownenvironmenttrailgreenitems
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Amazingly lovely experience at Margo's Wellesley Bed and Breakfast! So many thanks yous go to Margo for all she did for me by welcoming me to Wellesley Massachusetts and metro west Boston! I just took a new teaching position and needed a lovely place to live for a short time while looking for a home to buy or rent. Additionally, my children wanted me to live close to their new home in Newton, Ma. which is just a few minutes from the most amazing Washington Street. The convenience of have a state of the art Whole Foods Market, and other lovely shops and the Wellesley library all within walking distace of my home away from home was a joy.
Margo's hospitality and the lovely room I had allowed me to transition to my job and family in a most extradinory way: with comfort and ease. Thank you Margo for my lovely room, wonderful hospitality and genuine caring about the individual needs of each of your guests.

Room Tip: All the rooms are charming and bright and amazingly wonderful!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Caution is warranted. Owner of B & B requested I call when I arrived at airport at 2:30 pm so we could arrange a time to meet. She informed me room was not ready and it would be best if I would arrive after dinner.
1. My daughter and I arrived approx 8:30 to 9:00 pm. The house was dark with no outside lights which made it difficult to locate. When walking up steps, motion light to front door activated. The walkway was uneven and had no lights on steps. (I am 70 years old). I rang doorbell and no one answered. I called both her cell phone and home number and only got the answering machine. My daughter and I were about to leave when the door opened. Rather than a warm welcome my daughter and I were instructed how to unlock and lock doors. We were told to remove our shoes, various slippers and flip-flops were available on each step. Her stairway was dark with only a very small motion light. At the top of the steps there was what appeared to be an activated bluelight insect killer. My daughter and I were shown the room and she left.
My daughter went home and I realized how cold the room was with outside temperature in the low 50s. I went to bed with nightgown, flannel bathrobe +4 layers of covers. The sheets remained ice cold and only the area I laid in was warm. I turned on TV to watch some baseball and/or sports and there was not one subscribed sports channel available, not even ESPN. I also had to hunt for a password for Wi-Fi. Some type of "welcoming note" is sorely needed in each room so one knows what is available.
For breakfast the first morning I ventured down the steps to find the dining area (please see pictures on website). Both doors were closed and locked. Because there was a key in one door, I opened it only to find a room piled high and deep. The owner heard me and stated all breakfasts were room service so I returned to my room. At that time, I complained to the owner about the cold room and she assured me that room would be "toasty" that night. I also stated how dark the outside was on returning. She stated my daughter should pull up into the driveway and motion lights would come on from the garage. This did not happen either of the two remaining nights. My daughter had to get out of the car and walk to the front door so I would have lights to see.
The room was toasty that night when I arrived and she had even placed a heater in the bathroom.
On the third night I had again returned to a cold room. I packed my bag and decided I would not stay the fourth night. At 2:52 AM I was awakened by two text messages from the owner saying she had taken a nap and just awakened and hoped my room was now warm.
As for my departure she presented my bill for four nights which I agreed. There was a place to write in a gratuity which I declined to do. The owner then actually asked me if I wanted to add a gratuity to the bill - I declined.
Other antedotes are available but I have already written too much!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
13  Thank Valerie G
AmazingFlowers, Owner at Wellesley Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2015

During this guest visit, some house guests wanted to keep windows open. We had temperatures in the 70's. Each room has a space heater, so that if any guest prefers heat, all guests temperature wishes can be accommodated. This guest who came in from Florida could have called me with any concern at any time. She was shown how to use the space heater and decided on her own not to turn it on herself, the first night and the third night. She notified me that her grandchildren wanted her to stay with them during her last evening and that she fully understood that she would be paying for the confirmed reservation of 4 nights.

Exterior lighting is provided. The garage has motion detectors if a vehicle drives up to the garage door. This light is hard wired. There are more than 12 solar lights along the walkways. There is another motion detector that is above the front door. The lighting is set up this way because there are many trees surrounding the home and if lights are left on continually by the front door, moths and Mosquitos enter the home. There are plenty of interior lights, one just next to the front door and another switch at the bottom of the stairs and another at the top of the stairs. There are two more motion detector lights that activate immediately upon entering the home.

All this was discussed with the house guest.

Upon making a reservation, each guest is asked to call me 48 hours before checking in to arrange an appointment for checking in. I was told that this guest was arriving after dinner because she was visiting with family during the day.

I welcome any questions from house guests and am easily reached by cell phone. It is important to me that each guest is comfortable.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

My wife and I decided to get away for our 3rd anniversary last weekend, and we were left hurrying to find a B&B at the last minute. After discovering Margot's little jewel, we now know who to call when we stay in the Boston area! From the shady, peaceful environs as we drove up to the comfy king-sized bed, all aspects of our stay were well appointed. Her B&B is set off the main drag, Washington St., comfortably so that no road noise was noticeable. Margot is a wealth of local info and knows this area very well, so you would do well to ask her if you are unsure where to visit whilst in the area.

Our room had an in-window air conditioner, warm hardwood floors covered partially by an area rug, and a private bath. Little amenities were appropriately sprinkled throughout our suite: a pair of cotton robes, ice bucket and glasses, chocolates, even some beer! We spent quite a while talking with Margot in the morning and discovered this B&B's warmth and heart comes from her love for hospitality. Not only will we be back, we now feel like we have a friend in the Boston area that we can call! Another thing to note is Margot speaks German. My wife speaks German and English, and it was nice that Margot and her could speak German together. She really enjoyed being able to speak it with her.

One last word: the negative reviews this place received seemed entirely unwarranted based on our experiences. We did not put too much weight on them, and we're glad we took the time to see this place for ourselves.

Room Tip: In the summer time, shut the door leading to the private bath, if you're staying in the Romantic Room on the 2nd floor. It'll stay cooler than if you leave it open!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank spgarrepy
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed one night at this lovely B&B. We were in town, sadly, for a funeral and needed accommodations for one night only. Had we been visiting for happier reasons we would have loved to stay longer. Margot Hampe, the owner, was solicitous and helpful in providing directions and good cheer. She served us coffee at 7 am as requested and later served us a beautiful breakfast in our room. Breakfast was a delicious combination of fresh mango, yogurt, orange juice and an egg souffle. The room was well appointed and spotlessly clean and our room had a comfortable king size bed. There were plenty of towels and toiletries in the bathroom. I would love to return and I recommend this B& B to anyone traveling in the Boston area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank janellap
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayed one night at this lovely Inn. It is away from the city hassle but near many stores and restaurants, and within minutes of downtown. Comfortable room and bed, many amenities and an extremely helpful assistant innkeeper named Don. We enjoyed it very much, and hope to return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family