“This is the best bakery in New England!”
Review of Darby's Bakery

Darby's Bakery
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in West Boylston
Reviewed 28 January 2017

For years I have ordered from Darby's: chocolate ganache', red velvet cake under a mantle of buttercream, and beautifully decorated cupcakes for office parties! We recently ordered assorted platters of cookies, including the 'melt in your mouth' lemon squares, coconut macaroons and peanut butter cookies. (see photo) All my guests were impressed. They bake their bread daily. Order your 'take out' coffee cup on the way to work. Check out their teas and the frozen pasta dinners they make ready to take home for supper. I love this local bakery.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

This is an exceptional small town bakery with exceptional variety.

We buy baked goods here at least once a month. Personal favorites are the foccacia (for lunch), breakfast breads, and brownies. Being a "sweet tooth" it is hard to find something that I do not like.

Service is excellent.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Although I've had some good cookies, muffins, brownies etc at Darby's, it's the Focaccia that brings me back to this bakery on a regular basis. Great crispy crust with chewy interior and awesome toppings. The best in all of greater Worcester County!!!!

Reviewed 7 September 2016

The title is misleading, because there are many bakeries serving good french bread. Darby's is my favorite for flavor and texture. Actually, all of their breads and baked goods are excellent. The staff is friendly and welcoming. The coffee is good. But the display cases remind me of bakeries of my youth. Lots of traditional bakery items like Danish pastries, Linzer and other cookies, cupcakes, pies, tarts and cakes. If you are about town and looking for a good, quick lunch, a variety of pizzas are made daily from their very tasty dough. There is also a refrigerator case with a variety of refrigerated/frozen foods like ravioli and chicken pies. This is a fabulous bakery. (I am glad I don't live TOO close because I would weigh a lot more....)

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

We love Darby's for everything from our coffee to breads, a sweet treat, and their cakes. We've tried the handmade soups, pastas and sauces (frozen) and have enjoyed those, too. As we live a couple of blocks away, it's our go-to. I like it when they try new things and the new seeded bread is delicious and addictive. Reserve ahead because they run out. Perfect toasted with jam or with savory toppings like avocado and feta. The focaccia pizzas make a great snack and all their cakes are delicious. I'm also a big fan of the blueberry coffee cake. The young staff turns over frequently because they're mostly high school and college kids, but they are always pleasant and helpful. Just wish they had more unflavored coffees.