“Awesome Food and Atmosphere”
Review of Summer Shanty

Summer Shanty
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in West Dennis
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Casual waterfront dining servicing local seafood, black angus burgers, clam chowder and other light fare. Full liquor license with GREAT frozen drinks. Winner 2009 & 2013 "Best Waterfront Dining" by New England Cable Network. Winner "Certificate of Excellence" by Trip Advisor. Cape Cod's best sunsets EVERY day!
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Our family learned about this place through friends....we've been vacationing in this area for years and never even noticed it! It's a hidden gem in the Bass River Marina...if you are in the area don't miss it!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Very limited menu, everything fried and most of the tables outside. No vegs, no rice, potatos, just fried foods.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Had a great lunch with a great friend on my first visits to the Summer Shanty in West Dennis on Cape Cod on the last Saturday in July. We sat on the deck looking out over the tables on the lawn and onto the docks, taking advantage of the shade while not losing the benefit of the continuous cooling breeze.
My lunch mate is a boater and was able to point out a lot of interesting happenings on the water taking place before our eyes. The food and drinks were great, too, served by excellent waitress Danielle, who I never saw as she served us from the back.
The most industrious worker I observed was the self-confessed oldest busboy on the Cape, Dan, owner for ten years, he told me, of the Shanty.
Thanks, Dan and Danielle, the D-Team, for making this both a wonderful meal and a great experience. Hope to see you here, my Trip Advisor reader, next time I am here.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

The setting is fabulous, a Cape Cod marina as your backdrop how can you go wrong. Well the wait was way to long even for the summer, and the food was not anything to write home about. The Chowda was the most expensive I paid while on the cape $7.50 a bowl and came in an 8 ounce 3/4 full paper cup and was not up to Cape Cod standard. The scallop and clam combo was so greasy we couldn't finish it. But hey at least the evening sun was blinding me the whole meal. Recommendation look elsewhere.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Delicious food, reasonably priced and casual relaxing setting by the wharf on a beautiful summer evening... what more can you ask for?