All reviewsbbq areaprivate beachplace to stayaffordable optioncape codenjoyed our stayice machinenice poolcontinental breakfastmini fridgea great staypool areapamphletclosetsummerfurniturekeys
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We made a last-minute decision to get away to the Cape for a beach day, and wanted a decent, but not crazy expensive overnight accommodation. We stopped at one place first, and immediately walked out. Stopped here next, and was very pleased with Christina at the front desk and the room we were showed. Working in the hospitality industry, I know what you can and cannot offer to last minute guests, and because of how we were treated and what we were offered, I give high ratings to this place!! For what we paid, we got decent beds, access to their pool and private beach down the road, and recommendations for breakfast places. We will certainly return to the Windrift Motel!! Thank you very much!!

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Ellen O
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Nice property and location, centrally located. Grounds very well kept and clean. Staff was welcoming/friendly. Seems like a family oriented property —we saw various families with younger children. Relatively quiet, which is not always the case given price and this type of property’s horse shoe lay out. Beds were comfortable. Kitchenette was well stocked; it came with a hot plate which was a nice surprise. The unit/room itself and bathroom were extremely tight. I agree with a previous reviewer that there isn’t any room in the bathroom for toiletries or towels. I suggest adding hooks and shelving in the bathroom and outside to hang up towels and toiletries. I wish the kitchen design had bigger cabinets to put away some of our groceries, which are laying around the already tight premises. Closet was also in an inconvenient spot, blocked by a small bureau (which came in handy to unpack kitchen related items). Bottom line is guests need space to unpack/settle, but the property is indeed a good value for this time of the year, quaint and comfortable enough.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
WindriftMotel, General Manager at Windrift Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review! We are continuously making improvements to our guest rooms and property because our guest's comfort is our number one priority. We truly do appreciate your feedback. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 30 June 2018

Quaint rooms with a cottage feel! Amazingly affordable. We stayed for 3 days and didn't want to leave. The WINDRIFT is Immaculate, quiet, and has everything you could possibly need and then some! Even the pool(s) were sparkly clean. The BBQ area is like a mini park and spotless. The owners/management/staff bend over backwards to take care of their guests. This will be our forever go-to Motel on the Cape. The place was packed and the other guests we spoke with also loved their stay (some were repeat customers). A real treasure!

Room Tip: Beach is within walking distance. Peaceful. Beautiful curbside appeal. Nice people!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review! Our guest experience is our priority! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 8 June 2018

We've stayed at more expensive hotels in the area, but were determined to stick to more of a budget this year. The Windrift is extremely economical - at least for the time of year we were going. The property is cute as a button - the landscaping is really, very nice. The motel looks well cared for. We had a standard king size room - the room itself was large in our opinion. It had a loveseat and an armchair in it and coffee table, which I really appreciate because I hate watching TV in bed. The loveseat and armchair didn't match, neither did the lamps, which I'm choosing to call "quaint" because really, that stuff doesn't matter. All of the lighting was on one side of the room, leaving the other half kind of dark. The bedside lamps were quite large, which we like - however, the one was not plugged in, and there was no outlet nearby so I'm not even sure why it's there. The bed was very comfortable, but it seemed to have an empty duvet cover on it? Just seemed a little weird. BUT, THE KING SIZE BED HAD KING SIZE PILLOWS!!! I complain about that in every review, that I never get king size pillows on a king size bed so this was a great surprise and pleasure! Our sleep quality was good, it was quiet there but it's not high season. The room had a walk-in closet in it, which I can't recall seeing in a hotel room before, but it's wasted space that is sorely needed in the bathroom, which was tiny. Like really, really small. Nowhere to put anything. There is a cool, groovy but virtually useless shelf in the bathroom that holds almost nothing because it's half slanted. Hard to explain. Literally, when you take your watch off to have a shower, you have no idea where to put it. Not so much as a hook on the back of the door. If you're like me, you probably don't really want to put your clothes and stuff on the toilet seat. The toilet is updated, one of those models with the flusher on top of the tank with the two buttons to reserve water, so you can't really put stuff there without knocking it off when you go to flush. Also, there is no ventilation in the bathroom, just a window you can open which probably doesn't help that much when it's humid in the summer (if it gets humid there, I don't know) - not a problem for us at this time of year but be warned. There was one wastebasket in the bathroom only. When you're traveling, you bring some food back to the room and beverages and pamphlets, etc and we overflowed that basket every day. We were piling stuff on the floor beside it. IMO, rooms really need at least 2 wastebaskets. Also, no clock radio or clock! There was some confusion upon check-in since we booked with booking.com - I need to check my statements to make sure I wasn't charged twice. The hair dryer in the bathroom was not working. However, they sent someone within about 20 minutes or so to replace it. On our last evening there, we returned from our area activities to find that the room had been cleaned, dirty towels were taken but no news ones left so we had to get them from the desk. There were a lot of nice things about the Windrift, and the price is certainly one of them. I guess i'd stay there again if I were in the area, but that bathroom was a big difficulty for me. I like to unload a multitude of hair care products and whatnot rather than having to unpack them and pack them back up every day - we were there for 4 nights so I want room to unpack my toiletries.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary K
Reviewed 11 October 2017

My husband and I stayed for a week. Mary, Krystle and Michael were amazing. Beautifully kept grounds and pool, spotlessly clean, adorable room, wonderful beds, great coffee, windows that opened and TV with almost every channel we watch at home! There is a nice grassy picnic area with grills near the pool area. They gave us directions, recommendations and lots of knowledge of the area. We would definitely stay again if ever in the area!

Room Tip: Seems to me all the rooms would be good!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple