“Moldy Dump”

Travelodge West Yarmouth Cape Cod
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed with my wife at the Travelodge in West Yarmouth while on the Cape. Price was affordable however, the stay was not. Walked into the room after check-in, which was late in the evening. Upon entering the room the smell of mold was not evident until the window was closed and we turned the AC/Heating unit on. The bed was the most uncomfortable period. I ended up sleeping in a chair with my feet on the ottoman. There was also mold on the walls. Great way to spend an evening. Apparently there are renovations going on because the floor on the bathroom had old glue from what was there before. Complained to the front desk person the next morning (because it was late and we didn’t want to continue to move from room to room) and the front desk clerk made it out to be my fault. He asked why I didn’t complain the night before, said he would have switched our room, but when it’s late, the last thing we wanted to do was move. The clerk Made no attempt at reconciliation.

Don’t stay here. Incompetent staff.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brett D
Travelodge120, Manager at Travelodge West Yarmouth Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Be advised, irregardless of the time you check-in-why'd you pay for a stay and sleep in a chair/ottoman all night-did you both partake of the chair and ottoman randomly-logically something is not adding up at all-we rarely get complaints about our beds, etc so ideally one of the four corners of the comfortable 'California king size bed' would have served its purpose undoubtedly-how uncanny we have someone at the front desk till late and neither persons ever gave thought about reaching out to someone till the next morning-who's being incompetent here-know that we would have assisted the best way possible because our aim is to please our guest from the start but you waited until it was over on what grounds, if you were really inconvenienced does it spell sense filing a report in the now but waiting it out to write a review that has a deceitful aura was your choice-owe to non communication from neither persons on your first night anyone would have considered that most or all was seamless. On that premise we are not obligated extending any compensation. Thanks for your business and all the best.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Travelodge120, Manager at Travelodge West Yarmouth Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Im a single traveler. Friendly check-in. Room was clean and odor free. Nice king size bed, good large TV, refrigerator and microwave. This was a late Oct. Indian summer weekend. Gave me a convenient room on ground floor near pool and breakfast area.
Had a nice relaxing dip in indoor pool - water was not tropical, but warm enough to be pleasant. Continental breakfast in A.M. was not the Ritz, but varied enough to feel well-fed. Had a good undisturbed sleep - no loud neighbors.
Place was near Sea Gull, Smuggler's and West Dennis Beach, local restaurants and other attractions which would have been open if not off-season.
So if you want a good value for the money, go for it. Dont forget to mention AAA and AARP discount.
Found towels to be scratchy.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Travelodge120, Manager at Travelodge West Yarmouth Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Your business and your review is well appreciated-so happy we met most of your expectations-will we see you again real soon in Cape Cod-only time will tell.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

This hotel had some areas that seemed to be newly updated - new beds, new bathroom counters. We were under the impression it recently changed hands because we saw a sign for the old name in our room. There were a few rough spots in the paint in the bathroom, but it was clean and the beds were comfy, and for the price, you couldn't beat it! I chose to save my money for fun and I would imagine once this renovation gets done, the rates might go up, but for now, I would recommend this. Nice breakfast in the morning - good coffee, cereal, yogurt, waffles and a swimming pool that looked well cared for.

Room Tip: Mine was on the bottom floor which I normally don't want but I believe it might be going through...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Travelodge120, Manager at Travelodge West Yarmouth Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for your business and review and we're happy we met your expectations in so many ways, let's trust that our economical rates will appeal visually, when next you think of Cape COD.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

I cancelled a reservation at this hotel 2 weeks early. They said that I did not cancel and after I proved that I did and Travelodge Customer Care said that I did, they still have not refunded my money. I am getting ready to contact my credit card company. I have a cancellation number and receipt.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Frank C
Travelodge120, Manager at Travelodge West Yarmouth Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

We understand that you were reliably informed even before you commented by our Customer Service Desk that your matter was properly researched and amicably resolved.