“Fun and friendly, great comfort food perfect off season!!”

Captain Parker's Pub
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Family friendly, full service restaurant serving fresh local seafood, choice meats and vegetarian offerings. Famous for our thick and creamy New England clam chowder. Gluten free items available.
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We have been coming here for years

Best homemade soups around, cream of mushroom is awesome and the chowders are incredible! They even sell the calm chowder in the local supermarkets

Great place to watch a game and chat with a friendly crowd

A must stop when we are on the cape

Write a ReviewReviews (1,318)

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We ate here with a party of 10 to include 4 children. The wait staff was very attentive and helpful. The food was very good and the chowder is the best I have EVER had! Even our kids liked the chowder and they are very picky. Overall very impressed with the place. Definitely would go back and intend to do so.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

You know it's good if it's crowded, I mean always crowded particularly with locals. But it is worth trying. Go a bit early, like 5:00PM rather than later when everyone else is trying to get a seat. The food is reliably good and the portions are generous. The bar seating is fun, lots to look at: police department badges and other interesting stuff. Now with outdoor seating and a smaller outdoor bar it is extra cool.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I ordered a grilled Ruben on Thursday (which is deli day) for $5 bucks. Best corned beef on Cape Cod. Just like New York deli's, except for the pickles. The chowder is # 1 on Cape Cod. Service is excellent. Great menu but could not pass up the $5 deal.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

All I can say is don't order the whole clams in the wintertime at Captain Parker's. Wait until the Kream n Kone opens in Dennisport in the summertime.
The clams were extra small, rather undistinguished from the clam strips, not flavorful. Cole slaw was good. Normally their menu is super. I could hardly find a whole belly in the clams at all. I suspect I was given strips without bellies. It is normally a great restaurant, especially at lunchtime, when it is quieter. The wait staff is super and attentive. We will return, I will have to be more selective in my choices next time.