All reviews donuts nice stay walking distance indoor pool pets clerk bedding
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Experience at this place was terrible, can't believe the jerk hit my credit card for extra nights. Worst mattress I EVER saw in my life. I would have been more comfortable in a homeless shelter. Ratings are not possible to go less than 1 star, if they were I would say -5. Am I clear? Beware. State should close this place down

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank bnoreau
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Beware! They Charged my credit card an extra night without my consent! We stayed the week leading up to 4th of July... on the 3rd of July we drove from this hotel to a hotel in bar harbor, ME to be there for the 4th as we see the fireworks every year there. I called the hotel to book the stay and told them we would be leaving on the 3rd. They didn't have full vacancy for the 4th so they charged my card 156.00 and told me I was a no show. It was on my citi travel card so citi faught the hotel and got my money back. This happened to multiple people there I then found out. We stay in cape cod, MA every year. We make the trip up from Pa. my original hotel was already booked out so I tried this place. They seem really nice but beware they put charges on your card for nights not stayed and consented to. I had to have citi card battle them because they didn't want to hear what I had to say or give me my money back. It happened to so many others so please stay somewhere else!! Besides the extra charge, the place was discussing and stains all over the bed. I had to go out and buy sheets and bleach wipes!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank katie c
Reviewed 23 September 2017

The greeter said that the hotel had changed hands and they are working hard to update. He was very welcoming, so I don’t want to be too harsh. The room was free for us with our Points. But, otherwise it was very cheap,$70 and you get what you pay for. We had an upstairs room which is reached by an outside stairway, and it was pouring rain. An awning would have been nice. No one told us how to get to the pool, which obviously wasn’t from an indoor hallway, and since it was windy and pouring, we didn’t bother to find it. The only ice machine was also back downstairs in the pouring rain. Ok. Fine. We skipped the ice. The room was clean. Clean sheets, clean bathroom, good tv, plenty of outlets. But, the hairdryer had a burned out spot on it and I was afraid to use it. Very cramped for space in the room and bath, sink area. There were cigarette holes in the bedspread. We looked for a hotel directory, but found out in the morning that it was in a drawer that didn’t have a handle. It was a good night except for the dog barking nearby at 12:30. It’s a pet friendly hotel, so….can’t complain there. The breakfast was a very skimpy continental, but again, in keeping with the price. I was annoyed that when I was ready to put my plate, cups, etc. in the trash, the girl told me it was outside the back door….again….in the rain. I know people expect so much more than what they pay for, so in all, for the price it’s alright, when you just want a place for the night. Saddest is that in the morning, the girl at the desk was busy on the computer and not friendly, really. Not rude, but not hospitable. If the new owners can get it updated with new bedspreads, not allow smoking, put the pets in a separate area, and just train their staff to be friendly, it might do well even in a place like West Yarmouth with so much to see and do, and not many inexpensive hotels.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Room was dark and dingy...bathroom was dirty..don't think they know about window cleaner..the frig was dirty....couldn't stay there ...couldn't believe it was a "Choice motel" which I called and told them so... which they were very apologetic... our door wouldn't shut correctly..cob webs everywhere...wouldn't give us our all our money back ..said he could show us another room ..( yea right I don't think so) rather have taken a loss ..which we did but it was worth it...stay somewhere else not there. I'm not saying all Econo Lodge are disgusting but this one was.

Room Tip: Don't choose this place
Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JYCY2017
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Just stayed here during a visit to Cape Cod. Knowing all of the reviews, was definitely a bit nervous, but took the risk as I was only needing one night accommodation and their rate was super low due to being off season. To echo virtually all other reviews, this hotel was tolerable, but overall could use a major refurbishing. My queen bedroom was very tiny, and the poor wall looked like it had been scraped, sanded and repainted to death. The bathroom was also tiny, with a poor wallpaper job and overall just very dilapidated appearance. The top comforter had stains, so I just removed those completely off the bed, but otherwise the white sheets and pillows were clean. The few pluses were the bed was very comfortable, and the microwave and fridge in the room were very convenient. The staff was also friendly and the little bit of the complimentary breakfast I had was good, basically juice and muffins, though the breakfast seating area was almost non existent.

I think this hotel has a lot of potential, but it seems to be completely neglected by Choice Hotels or the other owners/management. I have been to other Econo Lodges in much better condition, so this hotel reflects poorly on this brand, and Choice Hotels as a whole. I'd probably only return to this hotel if they invested the time and money into making improvements. Otherwise I suggest staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo