“Authentic Jewish Deli...So Delicious”

Weintraub's Jewish Delicatessn
Ranked #53 of 606 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Weintraub's Deli is the real deal. The sandwiches are made with the finest meats and are the best you will find outside of NYC. The portions are generous and the prices are reasonable. The pickles are also amazing!!! Places like this are few and far between. Go, go, go!!!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Nothing fancy, but sooo good. Great soups - classics like cabbage, matzo ball, chicken noodle. Great pickles. Unbelievable brisket and corned beef. And melt in your mouth rye bread.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

My wife and I were en route from NYC to Lexington MA for a gathering of friends and got hungry as we were nearing the Worcester area. I remembered having had a good pastrami sandwich years before at Weintraub's -- a very longtime Worcester establishment. We entered about 1:00 and amazingly (and sadly) we were the only diners until just before we got up to leave. That said, the pastrami was very good (perhaps not of the quality at Second Ave Deli in NYC but there it is simply superb). It was also about half the price for what one would pay in NYC. The server was pleasant and quick. We hope it makes it and that the Friday patronage was just an exception.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We were passing through Worcester and saw they had a great deli in town. Decided to stop and check it out Weintraub's.
From the outside, frankly I thought Weintraub's looked kind of seedy and run down. Not at all what I expected.
When we walked in at 1:30pm there were less than 6 people in the place.
We ordered the matzo ball soup. It had lots of noodles (not sure why). The soup itself was weak and lacked flavor. Would not order it again.
Ordered a side of chicken liver. About the worst I've ever tasted and I love chopped liver! Took one bite and couldn't eat any more.
The one entree that was decent was the corned beef/pastrami sandwich. We ordered the regular size. Should have ordered the oversized. It was quite good.
All in all the meal was not very good. The place looked like it was on its last legs.
If we pass through Worcester again, be assured we won't be stopping at Weintraub's.

1  Thank RJR411
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I was working in the area and since I'm a deli maven,I had to try this place. Opened in 1920 and no longer owned by a Weintraub but owned by a Iranian Jew for the past 29 years,but you would never know it talking to David Mizrachi. Very nostalgic inside with old pictures of the deli and people who owned it. A large deli case inside the establishment with deli meats,salads,knishes and some smoked fish. Prices on the products are very reasonable and they offer traditional jewish fare to include,kishka and chopped liver,etc etc. The primary meats are cooked by Hebrew National. Sliced pickles served at the table
I ordered salami,pastrami and tongue on rye bread(bread from local bakery European Bakers) with Russian on the side and a side of potato salad. The sandwich was very good although meats were microwaved,but they tasted good. Potato salad not homemade and it was fair. Pickles were crunchy and good. Russian dressing nothing to sneeze about. Waitress was brand new and she was okay. Not bad for a deli with a dwindling Jewish population in the middle of Massachusetts.