“Great Spot - Time & Time Again”
Review of Bocado

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grafton
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Been to Bocado several times now. Style of food, service, and the atmosphere are great! If in Worcester, have to go there.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Friday night dinner at Bocado. We were seated immediately despite not having reservations. Server was friendly and professional. I had a plain Sangrea that was ok, a bit too much ice and not a lot of fruit. Think twice before ordering. Dinner consisted of fried goat cheese with honey, excellent, grilled avocado with curried chicken salad, excellent, pork tenderlion, good and buffalo cauliflower, also excellent. Desert was lemon pound cake with berry compote, strawberries and "whipped cream". This was an ok desert, strawberries were not ripe and quite sour, the berry compote was skimpy. To top this, I specifically asked if they use real whipped cream or "Reddi Whip" spray cream. Told it was made in house, wrong! Apparently they no longer teach whipped cream making in cooking school. Or perhaps the cooks are just too lazy. That and the sangria caused the downgrade from very good to good.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

My husband and I went here a week ago on a Friday night for the first time and I was really happy with the evening. We had reservation for 8:30 and were seated immediately. I have to say that this place picks up much later in the evening. At 8:30 it was more than half empty; by 9:30 it was packed.

The food was overall very good. We did the "bocado experience for 2". I ordered a pomegranate martini and it was very good. We had the fried goat cheese and salchichon for the charcuterie course. The goat cheese was absolutely amazing and our waiter said it was one of their most popular choices. For the tapas we tried the mushrooms over polenta (10, amazing), the brisket (9), the mussles (7), and the lamb lolipop (5). I know a lot of people raved about the lamb, but it was just ok to us. The mushrooms and the brisket are a must though.

For Paella, we chose the classic and it was just ok. It felt like it was left in the oven too long because some of the rice pieces were very crunchy which really took away from the experience of eating it. Also, my second drink took a really long time to come out (it came out with dessert even though I ordered it with the last tapas before the paelle course). When it came out it was really good though. Also, the service was very nice and friendly and the atmosphere was excellent. We sat in one of the booths in the back with the throw pillows.

On a side note, the little parking lot across the street was coned off and empty. We were able to find parking on the next street without an issue though.

We will be coming back here again for sure. Next time we will skip the paella though and go with extra tapas.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has a lot to offer! Starting with valet parking if needed. I had reservations which is recommended, we were a party of 6. The restaurant is a good size with several rooms and a large bar area and they have entertainment as well. The music is pleasant and upbeat and the walls are colorfully decorated. The selection of food is plentiful as well as the drinks. We started off with a pitcher of their house Sangria which was made with red wine, very tasty and everyone enjoyed it. Tapas are small portion of food served on a wooden plank or small serving plate like appetizers. This is not for someone who is looking for a heaping plate of food. The food is usually shared with everyone at the table, sampling as you may. They offer hot and cold plates. We ordered a variety of foods which everyone shared including the house speciality fried goat cheese with honey (OMG), various salads, meats, seafood, starches, cheeses, and vegetarian dishes. Several desserts to chose from which all make a great ending to a fabulous meal. Although you eat small portions everyone was pleasantly full by the end of the night. The server was very attentive and pleasant. My husband and I have been here several times and love it every time. Our guests were very impressed with the quality of food.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We had planned on going here numerous times and finally made it. The restaurant was outstanding, the small plates were wide in variety, priced very fair and a fine mix of different dishes. Our waiter suggested the sangria which was pretty good, however I wish I had wine to go with the nice selections of Tapas we had. They are very filling and prepared quickly so you can add and get more very quickly. A nice relaxed atmosphere and easy to get to in Worcester.

Been to Bocado? Share your experiences!