“Great tapas and wine”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grafton
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

This is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere. Last two times sat at the bar, had the red and rose wine flights. Great choices, tapas are excellent, reasonable prices for a high quality place. Great place to visit with special friends!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We visited on a Thursday night for Restaurant Week with a 7:30pm reservation. There was complimentary valet (which we were thrilled to discover as there were no open parking spots along the street). We did the 'Experience for Two' which was $50.34 as a restaurant week special and added one tapas to our order. We tried the goat cheese dip (excellent), pork meatballs (excellent), braised chicken w/ buffalo sauce (excellent), mozzarella rice balls (excellent), pork belly (excellent), and the beef brisket (good - it was a little tough for my liking). For dessert we were given Churros which were very good.

I'm giving 4 stars due to the high noise level of the restaurant (I prefer quieter venues, just a personal preference) and because with the restaurant week deal we were supposed to have a choice between churros or warm banana walnut bread pudding for dessert. No one asked what we wanted and automatically brought us churros at the end of our meal when we had really wanted the bread pudding. Sigh :[

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Been to Bocado several times now. Style of food, service, and the atmosphere are great! If in Worcester, have to go there.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Friday night dinner at Bocado. We were seated immediately despite not having reservations. Server was friendly and professional. I had a plain Sangrea that was ok, a bit too much ice and not a lot of fruit. Think twice before ordering. Dinner consisted of fried goat cheese with honey, excellent, grilled avocado with curried chicken salad, excellent, pork tenderlion, good and buffalo cauliflower, also excellent. Desert was lemon pound cake with berry compote, strawberries and "whipped cream". This was an ok desert, strawberries were not ripe and quite sour, the berry compote was skimpy. To top this, I specifically asked if they use real whipped cream or "Reddi Whip" spray cream. Told it was made in house, wrong! Apparently they no longer teach whipped cream making in cooking school. Or perhaps the cooks are just too lazy. That and the sangria caused the downgrade from very good to good.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

My husband and I went here a week ago on a Friday night for the first time and I was really happy with the evening. We had reservation for 8:30 and were seated immediately. I have to say that this place picks up much later in the evening. At 8:30 it was more than half empty; by 9:30 it was packed.

The food was overall very good. We did the "bocado experience for 2". I ordered a pomegranate martini and it was very good. We had the fried goat cheese and salchichon for the charcuterie course. The goat cheese was absolutely amazing and our waiter said it was one of their most popular choices. For the tapas we tried the mushrooms over polenta (10, amazing), the brisket (9), the mussles (7), and the lamb lolipop (5). I know a lot of people raved about the lamb, but it was just ok to us. The mushrooms and the brisket are a must though.

For Paella, we chose the classic and it was just ok. It felt like it was left in the oven too long because some of the rice pieces were very crunchy which really took away from the experience of eating it. Also, my second drink took a really long time to come out (it came out with dessert even though I ordered it with the last tapas before the paelle course). When it came out it was really good though. Also, the service was very nice and friendly and the atmosphere was excellent. We sat in one of the booths in the back with the throw pillows.

On a side note, the little parking lot across the street was coned off and empty. We were able to find parking on the next street without an issue though.

We will be coming back here again for sure. Next time we will skip the paella though and go with extra tapas.