“Wow”
Review of Old Yarmouth Inn

Old Yarmouth Inn
Price range: US$10 - US$33
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Old Yarmouth Inn offers classic cuisine for the next generation; the best in fresh local fish, shellfish, steaks and pasta. Whether you are looking for a casual meal in our cozy wood paneled tavern or a view of our gardens from the dining room, once you have experiencedThe Old Yarmouth Inn's delightful menu, warm, friendly staff and awesome wine selection you will know why we have become one of the most popular dining destinations on the Cape
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Having grown up in the restaurant business, I tend to look for details and this place did not miss a beat. We were initially disappointed to find out that the prix fixe menu ended at 6, but were so delighted with everything else. Two of us had the sole with lavender and apricots, and one had the haddock. Everything was delicious and amahinative Nd cooked to perfection. The onion soup is one of the best ever and the pear and arugula salad was delicately dressed. Our water glasses were continually filled. Wine and cocktails and creme brûlée were great. It's been a long time since we had a memorable meal, and we actually booked a reservation for the very next night!! Lovely atmosphere and a hands on owner overseeing all.

1  Thank hyegirl
Sheila F, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for your review. I enjoyed speaking with you and am so honored that you opted to come back for a second night and hoped that the 2nd visit was as good as the 1st. Since you grew up in the biz, your high praise means a lot! I hope we will see you back on the Cape again!
Many Thanks

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Planning my mother's 70th birthday party on the Cape, I was a bit nervous. We had family members coming from as far away as Oklahoma, and six children under the age of 8 scheduled to attend. I wanted it to go smoothly and for everyone to be able to relax, enjoy themselves, and celebrate in a comfortable yet elegant environment. I booked the red room at the Old Yarmouth Inn sight unseen. Sheila and Stacey were very accommodating in the planning process, responding to my queries thoroughly and in a timely fashion. The venue was beautiful, clean, and elegant, with plenty of parking. Our waitress, Karen, was attentive and friendly. It happened to be her birthday too! Despite the fact that things got a little hectic in our room after a few hours, with young ones getting antsy and a surprise cousin stopping by, the staff just rolled with it and made us all feel welcome and cared for. The food was excellent, and everybody at the party was raving about their meals. Overall it was a very special and memorable occasion, with absolutely no complaints, and I am so grateful to the Old Yarmouth Inn for helping to make our celebration wonderful! I am delighted to recommend them to others.

It was absolutely our pleasure working with you to plan this party and your family is just lovely. I am so glad that we could make your mother's birthday celebration an occasion to remember for all. Thank you for your review and your recommendation - its the best thing we could hope for!

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Had the 3 course special clam chowder whole belly clams and cherry blossom ice cream . Friendly host, waitress and bus boy. All did a great job. Enjoyable atmosphere

Sheila F, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thank you for the 5 stars and the 3 thumbs up! We hope we can repeat the experience on your next visit!
Many Thanks,

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Our party of 4 dined on a busy Saturday evening. We had a fabulous dining experience. We made our reservation during their early dining schedule and what a wonderful value. We were warmly greeted by two handsome men as we entered the beautiful old inn and the owners took time to welcome us once again. Our meal was terrific, 3 of us took advantage of the early dining menu. I think the best meal of the evening was the salmon accompanied by an appetizer of shrimp wrapped in rice paper, but all our meals were great. The creme brulee and the bread pudding were dessert winners. Our server, Justin, was attentive and helpful and the restaurant hosts were always checking to make sure all was as expected. Over-all our evening exceeded our expectations and we are looking forward to our next visit....

We are looking forward to your next visit as well, and thank you for your lovely review!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We came here for dinner after reading all the great reviews. We have done brunch in the past and that was good so we figured we would try a nice dinner. Service was excellent. Calamari was fantastic. The menu was somewhat limited in choices if you don't want fish or beef. My daughter eats chicken or pasta and there was only one chicken meal. She ordered that. It lacked flavor and was a little dry. I had the jumbo scallops and shrimp. Scallops and shrimp were cooked fabulously. This was supposed to be over a pesto pasta. The pesto did not taste like pesto. There was basil but also another spice that I think was oregano. If you like that flavor you will love the meal otherwise you should pick something else. Filet and prime rib were fantastic. Short ribs were good. Overall dinner was nice, great atmosphere and service and most of the meals were good. However I thought it was pricey compared to other meals/ restaurants we have visited.

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that the Chicken was not up to your expectations, it is made intentionally simple so that we have an item on the menu for those not seeking a spicy or rich meal. The pesto on the Shrimp & Scallops is an orange-basil pesto with almonds - and does not contain cheese, also intentionally.
Admittedly, some of the restaurants on the Cape are offering food at a lower price and some higher; we are confident that we offer a good value for the quality/
I hope we will see you again for Brunch or Dinner and we appreciate your input.