“Better than I expected!”

Knights Inn Battle Creek MI
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I've stayed at this location several times during the last 15 years. This location has gone thru some pretty rough times in the past, but I decided to try it again last year and found it had improved. I again stayed there last week and was very happy. The desk clerk was friendly,They now offer a small breakfast and have set tables in the lobby for convenience. They've painted the rooms very nicely and I thought they were decorated in good taste. The rooms are large, the king bed was very comfortable and I was so pleased, I changed my reservations from a different hotel and booked there for 3 more days. Although this chain is "old" I think this location is doing a very good job in upkeep. It is a good value and I'll stay there on my next trip.

Room Tip: I like the ones along the first driveway. There's a hill along that side and it's very priv...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The Knights Inn is a fantastic deal the three P's Price right, Privacy, Plenty of space inside and outside, The three managers Nick, Jena, and DJ are the exceptions that make your accommodations a great experience. I have been staying at this hotel for the last four years on a regular basis I have had no problems with my overnight visits . I feel safe and I have a great room with lots if trees and access to any restaurants by walking, great deal for the money.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ssandaire
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Well, where to begin? We got there and checked in with the one nice person working behind the desk, but would be stuck dealing with someone whom I can only assume was the manager/owner for the rest of our time. He would give us glaring looks, and before we left the next day had insulted my wife and her friends while also threatening us not to report him for the problems we encountered. The facility was poorly shoveled with ice in many places. The rooms (friends stayed in two other rooms) had a horrible odor to them and there was definitely heavy smoking in the rooms. Rooms were one out of three for present/working fire detectors, with a incense stick and burn marks in place of the smoke detector in ours. One main door did not have a working lock or deadbolt device. The furniture in every room was half broken and totally impromptu, with bathroom doors either not closing fully or having large holes in them where I assume a fist went through. Refused to use the bathroom or water from the faucet out of a fear inspired by their appearance. Horrible night's "rest" in constant fear of bug and the cleanliness of the bedding. the next day our friends could not open their door and were stuck inside for approximately half and hour until we could break into the room. Complained there and to the company but have heard nothing in response. I felt bad for friends since there were no other hotel room available that night. That fact coupled with the freezing temperatures were the only reasons we didn't just sleep in our cars. I couldn't believe this was a Knight's Inn. Wow, they should be ashamed and closed down.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you value your money/time/sleep/peace of mind.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The only thing missing was the roaches; likely they were just hiding!
If you plan to stay here with kids that might be disappointed about the pool being closed you should call prior to booking. We were told at check in that the pool was closed for the season... it was freaking summer.
I think my five year old daughter can interior decorate better than this.
There were beds- good for them, and they had blankets... so do army barracks.
The bathroom was... very outdated to say the best... We wore sandles so as not to contract herpes or something less appealing!
Continental breakfast... laughable.
My husband actually FELL out of our room door in the morning, having forgotten from the night before that there was a 8 in climb into the room.
I hope your exp is better than ours!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Likes: 1) Inexpensive; 2) Convenient location - just off I-69, and many shops and restaurants within a 5-min drive; 3) Fridge and microwave in room; 4) Decent breakfast - wide selections like cereals, bagel, danish, bread, DIY waffles, bananas, milk, coffee, and juices.

Dislikes: 1) No hair-dryer; 2) under 8-ft room ceiling; 3) swimming pool was temporarily closed; 4) other than the fridge/microwave, wash basin counter-top and faucet, everything else in room is dated.

Conclusion: For a family of 4 @ $50 (AAA discount and taxes incl), we accepted this motel because it was for only 1 night and we have low standards.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family