“Good pizza.”

Grampa Tony's Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 194 Restaurants in Bay City
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 2 July 2015

My family enjoy a good pepperoni pizza. This is a good place to stop and get one.
Atmosphere: Mom n Pop style. Have bench and regular table and chairs.
Likes: Very large Pepsi and the cheese is made the way we like it, gooey and hot.
Recommend: get a pie to go.
Price: middle range. Size of pizza was no surprise. Did not seem small.
Wait staff friendly.

Overall just a good local stop.

Reviewed 14 May 2015 via mobile

Definitely a mom and pop diner. Very cozy and friendly. Food was delicious and beer was great look forward to returning on my next trip to bay city! Highly recommend

Reviewed 26 April 2015

My wife and I stopped by location because of the number of local cars in the parking lot, generally a good indication of good food and we weren't disappointed. We stopped for breakfast and were very glad we were hungry because their portions are enormous and hot! Outside, it's a dated building but you're not there for looks, just great food! Inside is old style northern Michigan wood paneled decor. Simple and clean tables. Cozy and a big menu of breakfast grub. My wife had their French toast and bacon. The French toast is from homemade French bread made daily in the kitchen. She got two huge pieces that covered her plate. She also received 5 big pieces of crispy bacon, just the way she likes it and plenty of coffee and water. I had the scrambled eggs and sausage patty, home fries and dry wheat toast. You get three slices of toast for that order! You get three eggs in your order and my sausage patty took up about half my plate, looking like a chopped steak not a sausage patty. My only drawback was that the sausage was just a little too peppery for my taste but it was very good. The service was excellent. Food was great. And the prices were right. All that food for just $18. Oh...I forgot to mention...on the dessert board behind me they had my favorite...homemade banana creme pie! Mmmmmmm delicious. Of course I had to have a piece. Oh my, was it ever good. So we finally got out of there for $20.33. You must come here for a meal. Breakfast, lunch or dinner...they're all great!

Reviewed 19 April 2015

My coworker and I come here at least 3 times a month, usually to get nachos. The ones we received Friday were absolutely horrible. The nacho chips were like wet noodles and the cheese was a "watery" mess on the bottom of the plate. The waitress offered to bring us another plate, however, our lunch was almost over, so we asked for some fresh nacho chips. So we had some chips with lettuce, green peppers and olives (these were the toppings that we could salvage) When the waitress gave us our bill I was floored. I asked to speak to the manager. She said that we were offered a new plate and were brought fresh nacho chips. I told her I would pay for the drink and the nacho chips, but would not pay for the rest. She was very insistent that they did everything they could and that we must pay for the meal. So, we went to the counter to pay. I told her I would pay for the meal, however, I would NEVER come back again. Being a weekly customer for over 3 years now, I thought that might mean something to her. It meant nothing. She said that the owner's policy is if we eat over half, then we must pay. I told her I would contact the owner directly by email and she stated in a rude tone, "The owner does not have an email account". To which I stated, I am sure you have a website. I then went to take a picture of our supposedly half eaten plate of nachos, and they had been removed. There was no was we ate half as none of the chips were eaten, we had no cheese, and only had a little meat as it was so messy to scrape it off. So, I am sorry that this has been the worst eating experience of my entire life. I have been served poor meals before (never this bad though) and the management has always made some sort of satisfactory restitution for the less than satisfactory dining experience.

1  Thank Bridget P
Reviewed 13 February 2015

We enjoyed pasta, salad and bread from Grandpa Tony's for lunch. I especially liked the salad dressing and would love to have gotten some to take home.