Rockin' R Ranch
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bear Lake
See available hotels
Bella Vista Inn(Bear Lake)
Camp Tosebo(Manistee)
  • Beachfront
Crystal Mountain(Thompsonville)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Let me start off by saying it wasn't worth the money. Also, I do not look to soil the name of the business because I believe this business will most likely correct the problems. Buyer Beware, On arrival a big issue was the owners not trusting their own horses, it seemed they didn't want us to ride certain ones, and that they weren't sure of how the horses would act. But I took this as a challenge. My sister did fall off her horse, but I believe it was her fault because she was wearing leggings. I am not entirely sure though because I did not see what happened, I just heard her fall off and then turned around to find her on the ground. It also could of been the horses fault for a horrible cantering style. Horses are supposed to canter a certain way.The next event was Moe the horse freaking out on his experienced rider. I was told to hold the leading horse, and I was just thinking...'whhhat? These horses clearly are anxious and you want me to take charge of two?' Nevertheless, I held my own as well as the other horse. I was so scared but I pulled it together for the sake of my safety. I did not want to set the horses "off". Anyways, We paid a total of 80 dollars for two riders to canter instead of walking. We could not canter because my sister was scared of her horse or secretly couldn't handle cantering, so we rode walk style. IT was beautiful. Downside bugs were awful, and I mean it. Not sure about poison ivy because I do not know if I am allergic for I have lived in the woods my whole life, like rolling in the woods dirty and never have contracted an outbreak . A few issues with this business is that A. I paid for cantering but we rode walking style, I know it possibly may have been our faults, but it didn't seem right they take my money for a service I wasn't provided. B. These horses seemed spooked. C. No offer to give me my money back at the end of trip, we didnt get what we paid for. D. The walk was not the promised 60 mintues, it was like 45. and finally E. the horses werent ready for us on arrival as promised.
I understand that businesses have bad days, and that this also was a horse ranch, however it wasn't worth it. The only thing I really got out of it was a horrible story to narrate for my next essay assignment. I was looking for a good time and adventure with my younger sister, and found disaster.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah N
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We've gone trail riding here twice. Each time our guide was very pleasant, nice to the horses and allowed us to do more than walk in a head-to-tail line. I hope more people go there and tip well as it doesn't seem as busy as it should be. They fit the horse to you (experience, size and request). I requested an arabian and got one each time. My fiancé, who is very tall, is not as skilled of a rider and they stuck him on a giant draft-cross. I also noticed they had nearly all of the same horses from one year to the next (this is not always the case at trail riding facilities). I highly recommend this for all-levels of riders.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jurekrl
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband and I took my 8 year old grandson horseback riding. he had never been on a horse before (maybe a pony at 3) and this was an excellent experience for him. Our guide was patient and lead us on a 40 minutes ride thought the scenic property, answering my many question about the history of the area, the ranch and the horses. My grandson loved it. The guide was meticulous with us since we hadn't been on horses in over 20 years. The horses were heathly and patient as well. The Rocking R Ranch staff were knowable and recommended other things for us to do while we were in Bear Lake and invited us back. Overall it was wonderful. Good family fun, I look forward to going back soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AlbertaF956
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We didn't stay there, we just went horseback riding. It was really cool. The leaders were knowlegable and capable. You can pay five dollars extra a person to go off trail, which might be a bit scary if you've never ridden before but as someone who likes to ride, it was a refreshing change from the docile everyone-stay-in-a-line type ride.

• Stayed: July 2012