“Always a great visit ”

El Rodeo
Ranked #10 of 67 Restaurants in Benton Harbor
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visit this restaurant often, and love it!
The food and service are consistently excellent. Highly recommend

Reviewed 15 October 2017

El Rodeo is your typical strip mall Mexican restaurant. Busy and bustling with many servers attending the clientele we expected good service and tasty food at a reasonable price. Prices were reasonable but service and accuracy of order were not. I ordered a chicken chimi and was instead served beef. Since our server never returned to check on our meals I gave up waiting and ate the beef chimi. It was only okay, the filling tasting more like a Sunday pot roast than spicy Mexican goodness. My husband's order of a combo plate arrived cold. He managed to flag down a different server to have the food reheated. The flavors of each item were masked by an overabundance of cheese. When our server finally came back to check on us we gave him our complaints. He offered to give me a chicken chimi to go but I declined, after all I did eat my meal to completion but only because his service was so poor. After we paid our bill the server returned with a free flan dessert, his attempt at an apology. Perhaps this was an off night? The restaurant was busy but after our experience I'd be reluctant to return.

1  Thank 54Nancy54
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I would not go back. Food was not that great, cleanliness was not very good. Menu did have a huge selection though

1  Thank Pauline C
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Midweek visit for Mexican fair. Average place. Service very much lacking so plan to be ignored or at least frustrated when attempting to get refills.

Fajitas were good though they did lack the seasoning. It was as though the steak hadn’t marinated long enough.

Salsa no very hot.

In all, average.

2  Thank ltsolet
Reviewed 14 July 2017

It's not fancy or formal, but the food is really good and authentic Mexican. The servers are friendly and there is always plenty of hot sauce available! It is usually crowded and the parking lot is shared with a few other venues. Many Hispanic people come here for food, so you know it is real. There is a lot of competition in this areas for Mexican food, but, this place is my favorite.

1  Thank Stewart S