“Oh my goodness! The serving sizes are HUGE”

Tony's I-75 Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Birch Run
Cuisines: American, Deli, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 16 March 2018

We were in the Birch Run area looking at campers and decided to stop in for a quick bite to eat. The parking lot was packed but I thought it was for nearby businesses. When we got inside, I quickly learned the entire restaurant was full of diners. But a waitress quickly pointed us to an empty booth and told us to take a seat.
In the control chaos, a waiter took our drink order. We found the menus by ourselves. (They look like a folded up newspaper).
I ordered a chicken caesar salad and my husband ordered a ham and cheese omelette. The waiter casually asked my husband if he wanted a side of bacon or a side a hash browns. We thought they were included in his meal so he responded that he wanted bacon. A few minutes later, a huge pile of bacon arrived. It was literally a pound of cooked bacon. The waiter set it on the table and we about died. Who ordered all that bacon? Our meals arrived & the biggest omelette I have ever seen was delivered to my husband,. It surely was made from 6-7 eggs. My husband is a big eater and there was no way he was going to be able to finish his meal. My caesar salad arrived a few minutes later and it, too, was way too much for one person. We both had water. Our meal came to $27, then add in a $5 tip and the huge meal came to $32. Apparently, the bacon (side!) was $5.99. The service was good in spite of the fact that every table was filled. Lots of people with kids so school must have been out that day.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Quite an experience.... These folks feed you one huge Meal for the Money. Their supplier is their Family Farm and locally sourced Produce, and it shows. I don't get down there as often as I would like but when I am, I make time to get one of their huge Sandwiches. The B.L.T. has a pound of Bacon on it. Their Ruben Sandwich is also a handful, both which I love to try. Homemade Soups and side dishes round out the experience. Remember when you are looking for it that it is next to the Gas Station just across the I-75 Overpass, you can't miss it and if you did, it really is a loss of a great dining experience.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Gotta love Tony’s HUGE portions! A side of bacon is a full pound. A pancake breakfast is the size of your entire plate. The nachos are big enough for 2 hungry adults to share. We love visiting Tony’s on our way north! Always a family favorite!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This is a place you have to go to believe it. If you’re a health nut, skip and move on. However, once in a while it’s ok to indulge, and if you’re in the mood, this is the place.

Insane proportions, very personable staff, reasonable prices. If you are one of those people who love bacon then order a side a bacon (I dare you). They make it just right too. If you finish it, someone get an ambulance ready. I had the Reuben and it was excellent. The person next to me got a burrito which was the size of his forearm.

When you leave, they give you a handful of candy, as if you needed more comfort food.

It’s not a place I’d visit regularly (I’ve gone several times and will return) but definitely worth checking out if you’re hungry. And just to experience it! Don’t plan on eating for a while afterwards.

Check out their website and watch their video.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

for what you get food wise if you leave hungry its your own fault. there food is amazing huge portions for an absolutely reasonable price..and bacon lots of bacon...