“Great, Healthy lunch specials”
Review of The Wooden Spoon

The Wooden Spoon
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wooden Spoon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 131 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New restaurant in Brighton. Owned by a chef who worked at a local Country Club now out on his own. Hearing good things about the place. Needs a a spot on TA.
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I always enjoy having lunch at the Wooden Spoon, the always offer a wide variety of healthy choices. I always Oder one of the daily specials, haven’t been steered wrong.
Excellent choice.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I have reviewed this restaurant before but choose to update. This is a small restaurant where reservations are necessary. The service is really great. The food changes daily for some creative items. I had jumbalya which had a bite and was excellent. The prices are quite reasonable. The house wine is mediocre. We would definitely go back. I would highly recommend it

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Based on the reviews, I was expecting something significantly better that what I received. Their self proclaimed specialty soup, Mushroom Brie, had the strangest texture that was incredibly off putting and needed seasoning. I am not sure why they would choose this as their specialty soup. Had the lunch bento box which is a great idea...but didn't translate well in reality. The salads just tasted like they were leftovers pulled from the fridge. The dessert was fine, the service was excellent (above average), the prices would have been fair if the flavor and quality was there. May try it again...but probably not. Other diners said this place has been hit or miss lately. I would recommend eating elsewhere.

1  Thank 123julieb1982
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

We visited over lunch. Had a short (10 minute) wait as they were busy. Menu looked excellent. I ordered the green chile chicken burger. Messy but delicious and very filling. I would visit again.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I went here for lunch with a friend, attracted by the interesting menu and the local food sources. We both found it disappointing. My mushroom soup was average, not notable in any way. The chicken salad sandwich was not good. While the chicken was cooked nicely and was tender, the salad had a strange flavor overall - strong tarragon flavor and something spicy like tabasco maybe? It had a gravy that was an unappetizing brown.

Desserts were better. The carrot cake was delicious - moist, nutty, not too sweet. And the coffee was very good - a lighter roast. Unfortunately, it was served rather cold, and once I added the very cold milk it was too cold to drink. The waitress immediately replaced it with a piping hot cup of freshly brewed coffee.

The service, by the way, was excellent - quick - with friendly and gracious servers.

The atmosphere was fun, but during the lunch rush it was very, very loud - too loud for easy conversation.

I might return to try another entree, another time, but won't go out of my way for it.

1  Thank Julie D