“Buggy and unconcerned staff”

Burton Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Burton
Reviewed 18 November 2017

We've been there before and noticed it was very shabby, but comfortable. I turned off the light, remembered something. Turned the light on and found 8 bugs crawling on the nightstand and walls. Staff said, 'they won't bite. They're from the box elder trees.' Bugs and I don't work well together. I let my husband sleep and stayed awake killing bugs most of the night.

Room Tip: The front side of the hotel may have less bugs than the back side.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Debbie V

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The bed was comfortable but there wasn't any toilet paper on the roll. No house keeping. Tv kept going off. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Even though I didn't pay much for the room. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I was both disgusted, and surprised by the place. I was a little sketched out when I saw the entire desk was covered in plexi-glass. The room I was first taken to was gross. The room smelled of weed, and had two cigarette burns in the comforter so I really didn't need to see more. However, the King room that I was taken to upstairs was like I was in a completely different location. The room was very pleasant, not over out-dated, and the art work was incredible. Also, very clean! the only down side is that there's no restroom in the lobby area.

Room Tip: definitely the second floor, and definitely a king room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristina M
Reviewed 23 July 2017

This was a very convenient place to stay if one were catching the train in Flint, as the depot is about a mile away. Since this establishment changed names and owners, it is still a good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 484karlc
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

I struggle with reviews for these types of places. When you only pay $54 (including taxes) for a 2 double room it's hard to know what you are going to get. I try to keep a VERY open mind and low budget places - not expecting 5 star comfort/service. But CLEAN is an expectation no matter what.
Things that were not too bad:
Clean linens, however the sheets on one bed were stained with what it looked like ink spots - nothing major. Clean walls, clean sink area, TV Worked, liked the additional plug ins at the lamps by bed, beds were comfortable.

Things I couldn't handle:
Bad odor - smoke mixed with ??, dusty furniture, ripped carpet, and the worst part: GROSS DIRTY bathroom. Floors not swept, spiders, bathroom tub (and floor) had many pubic hairs. The tub was so dirty I had to clean it out before showering, Ripped bedding (holes), stained chair, beat up refrigerator that did not get cold, very dusty vents, breakfast area: the bagel/bread container was broken with holes in it. And lastly, the people loitering worried me.
So take this and make your own decision.
If it helps, I won't stay there again.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Alecia S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burton
9.8 km away
12.1 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc

Been to Burton Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!