“Great house rolls”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

My friends and I did a mom's night out here on a Saturday night. It wasn't very busy but the waitstaff was excellent. They were very attentive, prompt, and understanding. House salad dressing is good and we all really liked the house rolls; the spicy tuna was a bit different and not up to par with the other rolls we ordered. Definitely a pleasant meal.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

This used to be "THE" place for sushi in the Canton area. The food quality has really declined in the last two years or so. I actually got old food here (you know when the seaweed wrap is old?). It was awful. I will go here in a pinch and I really need sushi and I am really close by, but not as a destination meal like I used to for my birthday. So disappointing!

Reviewed 27 April 2015

The food was quickly brought out soon after ordering. The quality of the food was not bad but some of the sashimi tasted like it could have been a bit fresher. The group I was with had the shrimp tempura (2 shrimp and the rest vegetable; may not be suitable for a group), the crab appetizer, a sashimi platter, and a special roll. Despite the quick service, the server did not offer more tea even though our cups were empty.

Reviewed 19 March 2015

Visited twice. Both occasions were where friends I was with chose the restaurant. Food is WAY overpriced, especially since it is primarily a take out restaurant. I thought food quality was mediocre, literally not as good as sushi I had at an office luncheon that was from the Kroger grocery store. Visit Chiro in Northville or Cherry Blossom in Novi.

Reviewed 29 December 2014

Waitstaff rude. Prices good. Sushi amazing.

Waitstaff started out rude right when I walked in with my fully trained, adult, service dog. I explained that she was a service dog, and showed them the federal law regarding service dogs. They allowed me to sit. After a few moments waitstaff again came to me asking what a service dog does, I explained the different tasks they can do, she then told me to leave my service dog at home next time! Someone who depends on their Service dog to alert before they pass out, die, are blind or need balance help, (ect) needs their service dog! It's federal and state law!!! I left the Americans with disability Act of 1990 federal law on the table on our way out, hoping they will read it.

Prices are reasonable. A little more pricey from what I am use to in the Lansing area, but not terrible.

I was blown away by the flavor in the O'shuhi house roll! We also had a White tiger and gyoza soup, both very good as well.

Been to O'Sushi Restaurant? Share your experiences!