“Unforgettable stay”

Mushroom Houses of Charlevoix
Ranked #1 of 28 things to do in Charlevoix
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We offer a spectacular GEM car tour of all 28 of these magical structures. You can also visit the Charlevoix Chamber of Commerce to pick up a map and do a self guided tour.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We are a newly married couple we spent three days in this magnificent place. Everything was as previously described. The owner took care of each and every detail to make our stay very pleasant and comfortable....

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"hobbit"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Our tour of Earl Young's Mushroom Houses was sensational. Edith was so much more than a tour guide. I can honestly say that if I stayed in Charlevoix, we would have become friends.

Edith rearranged her schedule to pick up my father, my service dog, and me at our convenience. She drove us around in her own car as it was too cold for the carts you see in the photos.

Whether you're an architecture nerd or a whimsical tourist like me, the Mushroom House Tour is a fascinating way to spend an hour or two. The trees and foliage surrounding these storybook homes were bare of leaves, but I barely noticed. The stories from days gone by, breathed life and character into the sleepy winter depictions of these homes. Edith pointed out so many things I never knew I wanted to know and was tickled by the many surprises. She was ready with answers to our every question with dates, local anecdotes, and a few private jokes to boot!

If only to spend time with this awesome local rock star, take this tour and be awash in her generous warmth and welcoming spirit. She built this experience from scratch with hard work and love. It shows.

1  Thank Zack H
Edith P, Owner at Mushroom Houses of Charlevoix, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

WOWZA!! That is some review!! Obviously I cannot thank you enough and you guys were absolutely fantastic!! I hope you come up again and you have a VIP "Charlevoix Tour" pro bono whenever that happens!! Keep in touch and good luck with all your endeavors!!

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Self guided tour with a map available at tourist center & may other locations. Fun relaxing drive in the neighborhoods where the mushroom houses are located. Even more interesting if you read the history on them & their architect / builder.

1  Thank seigneurharris
Reviewed 28 January 2018

My wife & I heard about this venue from a friend and it ended up being one of the most spectacular experiences we have ever had in our travels! We stayed at The Chalet ... romantic, quaint, relaxing and memorable! Though we were there in the off-season ... it is the perfect walking distance from the beach, shopping and a variety of dining options. The king bed and the bedroom itself were comfortable, the stone shower was awesome, the living area (including the loft and boardgames) was relaxing, the kitchen was accommodating, the temperature (including heated floors) was perfect during our entire stay and parking was convenient! We cannot wait to go back and make more memories!

3  Thank KevinWinningham