All reviews front desk wedding venue great hotel complimentary breakfast visit family would stay here again business center business trip the breakfast area fitness center clean hotel convenient location pool and hot tub beds were comfortable easy access waffles shuttle service
Reviewed 3 February 2018

The hotel was quiet and clean. We stayed in the Jacuzzi suite and the room was very spacious and comfy. We did notice that the knobs on the Jacuzzi tub came off when we turned the water on, but outside of that issue, the room was pretty nice. We would not pick this as our next destination if there were similar hotels with the same accommodations, due to the personality of some of the staff. We had the feeling that many of the employees are not accustomed to seeing diversity at this hotel and it was quite obvious with some of the employees we encountered. The breakfast menu was very disappointing, due to the fact there were no meat items and there were no alternatives for guest who don't eat pork products. I was surprised there were no lemons available; especially since there were tea items and honey.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kathy H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback, as it assists us in providing the best guest experience as is expected by the Hilton brand. Please accept my apologies if you perceived that our staff is lacking in diversity recognition. We actually have a very diverse staff and work very well together to serve our guests.

As for breakfast, your feedback there is very important too. Hilton has set up a standard that franchisees must adhere to. With that being said, Hilton hears our requests.

Thank you again for staying with us. Please allow us to host your next visit to the area. Respectfully.. Kathy

Reviewed 29 January 2018

I arrived late in the evening on a last minute business trip. Check in was pretty swift and I was up in my room within minutes. I had an issue with the television, which required me to switch rooms, but it was quick and painless and the new room key was brought to me without having to make an additional trip back downstairs. The bed was comfy, and provided a good nights sleep. The complimentary breakfast was nothing spectacular the usual powdered eggs and some form of meat; Dry and hot cereal; waffles; very limited variety of bagels; and a few fresh fruit options and coffee. This location provides the basics as well as a few amenities.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

I pretty much exclusively stay at Hampton Inn everywhere I go. Mainly the service and quality are standard and consistent. I’ve come to have reasonable expectations. They made the bed every day and took out some of the trash and tidied up the bath. It stopped there. Coffee not replenished, coffee cups left on the counter, I usually put all of my trash in a bag but that sat for three days.
On the last night there the guy at the counter was on the phone with an unhappy guest, the way he talked to the guest I would have just hung up.
Next time I’m visiting Selfridge AFB I will most likely change it up and give the guys across the street a chance.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Kathy H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Thank you for your candid review. I apologized your experience was less than expected during your stay. Your information assists us in upholding the standards that Hilton has set for us. Please in the future regardless of where you stay, give the staff an opportunity to make things right during your stay. Please communicate your expectations during your stay, and we can do our very best to win your loyalty. Next time you are in the area, please call me, and I will do what I can to make your stay exceptional. Respectfully...

Reviewed 18 January 2018

My wife and I planned a trip to Detroit but decided to stay outside of the city. We choose this location not knowing what to expect. Turns out is was the best decision. It is ideally located to everywhere we wanted to go. When we arrived the staff greeted us with great enthusiasm, had us checked in and keys in had within a minute. The room was big and airy, very comfortable and quiet. There was always staff interaction whenever we coming or leaving throughout the day. Our check out was just as fast and pleasant too. Definitely a return trip is in the works...

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2018

We have always had a great stay at this hotel. The staff is friendly and the hotel and rooms are very clean and well maintained. Breakfast is always fresh, and there is coffee available throughout the day,

• Trip type: Travelled with family