“Can't wait to go back for the brisket!”
Review of Woodpile Bbq Shack

Woodpile Bbq Shack
Ranked #2 of 57 Restaurants in Clawson
Reviewed 21 January 2018

It's a SHACK, but it's great tasting BBQ. When you walk into the place you just know you're gonna be eatin good! Friendly service. Several food options. I had the brisket. It was juicy and tender. Five different sauces to choose from; the mild "Sweet" was perfect for me. I can't wait to go back. Stop in and let me know what you think.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Visited this place on Sunday and have to say that is my favorite bbq place during my two weeks trip. Not only the food is superb but also this bbq is made by people who got passion.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Great BBQ and service! My hubby cooks great BBQ, so it is hard to like someone else's BBQ because he sets the bar high. This place meets our BBQ expectations!!! The sausage and brisket are our personal favorites! Delish!! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Drawn by a picture a friend showed me, I decided to walk there from my place and vouch for his comments.
The place is small but cosy but once you order and the food arrives you can still smell and feel the smoky odours and flavours invading all your senses.

The brisket is definitely major leagues, you can feel how it melts in your mouth with a savoury and cooked to perfection taste. The waiter also recommends trying the house sauces going from sweet to mild spicy, in my experience rhe honey mustard one is to die for.

I'll be returning to this place hungry for more

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Mostly a carryout Bubba the Pitmaster has done a great job with having a three-season shelter/bar in the back. The building was a former A+W that had car hop service. The parking spaces have been converted to the three season-room.
The food is why a trip to Woodpile. I have had several of the meals but I always go for the beef brisket. Buy it by the pound and add a side. You can take it home and make a sandwich or two. The eat-in season is short because of Michigan weather.
Carry- out is always there. You can also have a brew, coffee or pop while waiting.
The food is better than at least three of the Bbq places I have been in the metro Detroit area.