“Special Buffet a feast of a filling ”

Amore Trattoria Italiana
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The Easter Buffet was extensive and mostly tasty but definitely filling! The Best were the antipasto, salads and desserts. The caprese salad was exceptional and the arancini exquisite; hard to stop with two. The desserts included French toast lasagna-yup as good and better than you imagine! Fruit was just right. The entre primi were lasagna-it was so-so and the meatballs were less than spectacular. The chicken marsala was average only. All this said, I want to go back try some other items on the menu instead of just judging by the buffet; I think it is definitely worth it!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We did the chefs table for 8 and enjoyed every bite. Wine and food was amazing and Chef Jenna was excellent our waiter was top notch and we will be returning. My favorite was the salad with warm goat cheese. Each course was served with an amazing wine and for those not drinking a wonderful hibiscus soda. Great job!!!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This was my second visit to Amore. What I loved most was the attention to detail. The live piano music, the missing televisions(love this), the beautiful plate presentation and the authenticity of the Italian food! There were also fresh bouquets of flowers on every table! My lasagna was definitely the best I have ever had!

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Decided to try Amore Trattoria Italiana for an early dinner tonight.

DH had the Arancini appetizer which was risotto fritters filled with fontina cheese atop tomato sauce and doused with spinach aioli. Bietole salad which roasted beets, goat cheese, apples, vanilla balsamic and candied walnuts. He thought the salad was crazy good. Pappardelle entrée which was wide flat herb infused pasta with wild boar, mushrooms and red wine reduction sauce. He had a Founders porter beer and thought everything was very good.

I had the Speck E Brie appetizer, which was cubes of brie cheese wrapped with smoked prosciutto, grilled and served with crostini. The Cesarina Salad, no explanation necessary and the Lobster Risotto special. I had the Barolo wine.

The salads came before the appetizers. Mine was really cold. Seems odd to complain that my salad was too cold but it was. The dressing was applied to the salad prior to refridgeration. It was so cold it had a weird texture and didn't seem flavorful. I added the anchovies, which were not ice cold and added to the weirdness of cold texture thing. I'm sure if the whole salad was slightly warmer the flavors would have had a chance to bloom.

Both appetizers were good. Generous serving on the Arancini with 7 fritters.

Both dinners were good.

Our server was Mary. She is a sweetheart. She did a really good job of selling individual items on every course and wine menus. I ordered the Lobster Risotto because of her recommendation.

We didn't have dessert.

I had a birds eye view of the hostess area. I watched certain groups of people being enthusiasticly greeted by staff upon entry and others not, which gave off a weird vibe since most were sitting in the waiting area together.

Bottom line: it was very good but I wanted it to be better. We will try it again when dinner service is in full swing instead of coming early.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Having visited Italy, I can vouch for the authenticity of the Italian food at Amore. The food is outstanding as is the service. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is the price. It is expensive in my opinion, even when ordering family style.