All reviewsbedroom suitesmall outdoor poolsmall kitchensuper walmartstayed here for two weeksyogurtsofa sleeperfront desk staffnice sizemain buildinggreenfield villageenjoyed my stayroom was clean and comfortablefree breakfastmichigan avethe breakfast areaupon check
Reviewed 14 March 2018

I was a bit nervous due to the mix of reviews but was very pleasantly surprised. I booked online through the hotel's website with the AAA discount and reserved a 2 room suite. Check in went smooth and cookies were available which was a nice touch. Everyone was very friendly and offered us a list of local businesses which we took advantage of.
We had room 217 in the main building. It was quiet (never heard another person even though the parking lot was full). The room was clean and everything worked, including all lights, heater and all 3 remotes. Beds were very comfortable and even though I bring my own pillow everywhere I even used the pillows. The closet (though I did not use it) had really cool organizers had I been staying longer.
I overslept and ended up at breakfast 10 min before it ended and it was still well stocked. This was another surprise as I had read a review that it was not a good breakfast plus at extended stays the choice is usually limited. Not here..they had waffle makers, boiled and fried eggs, turkey and reg sausage, breads, oatmeal & cold cereals, yogurts, fruits and pastries. And the juices were actually not watered down...shocking!
Overall, great stay and I would not hesitate to go again. I think too often people forget when they do these reviews to keep in mind the "grade" of hotel or eating establishment you are rating. If you compare a McDonald's against Ruth Chris Steak House you would probably give the McD a 1 star but that does not mean there are not 5 star McDonald's. The same goes for hotels. For its class of hotel's my experience was a 5 star.

Room Tip: I would assume rooms in the higher numbers (away from the road) would be quieter but it is a quiet area.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa M
Heather J, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Detroit Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

What a kind review Lisa M! Thank you so much!
We appreciate that you gave us a chance, despite the mixed reviews that we have received. We understand that reviews can cause some people to be nervous when booking, but we are thrilled that we were able to surprise you!

Our hotel did go through a renovation last year, so everything, including those very comfortable beds and cool closet organizers, is new! We do our very best to uphold the standards expected by a Marriott brand, and that includes keeping everything new and fresh for our guests!

We are also very happy that you enjoyed the breakfast. We try to offer a variety of breakfast options because many of our guests are extended stay and we know that limited options gets boring fast. I will make sure to let our breakfast attendant know how much you appreciated them having breakfast stocked, even if it was ending in 10 minutes. Those are the pieces of information that help us continue to be better and really surprise our guests!

Overall, we are so happy to hear that you had a 5 star experience here! Please do not hesitate to come stay with us again the next time that you are in the area!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Rooms were a nice size, very clean, and very updated. Basically small apartments. We had 4 rooms and everyone was very pleased with them. Beds were super comfortable as well. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Heather J, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Detroit Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you so much davidlikesthis for this awesome review!
Our property is designed with extended stay in mind, so the rooms are made to feel like apartments to ensure that our guests are as comfortable as possible.
The rooms were also all renovated last year, so everything, including the beds, are new and updated! We are so happy to hear that the changes are pleasing to our guests!
Thank you so much for staying with us, and if you are ever in the area please come stay with us again!

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Enjoyed our stay here. We were going to a downtown event and were worried this was too far from town but it wasn't. It was also convenient to the Ford Museum (which was a great addition to our trip). This location had a friendly staff and a great breakfast. Lots of variety. We'd definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Heather J, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Detroit Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Thank you rlspanda for your kind review! Although we are a short drive from town, we find that many of our guests prefer it because they have the choice to be in the busy city or away from all the noise. There is still plenty to do in the area, like you discovered in visiting the Ford Museum! Most of all, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our variety of breakfast options. Our staff takes a lot of time and pride in offering the most exceptional service possible, and they really enjoy knowing that the guests notice. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we truly hope that you return on your next visit to town!
-Heather Johnson, Sales Manager

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed for one night while in town for a concert. We had a two room suite. It was clean and a good size. The bed was a little to firm for my taste.
The complimentary breakfast was a decent spread. The oatmeal was really watering so I went with the waffle. My brother didn't like the eggs but helped himself to more than one sausage.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Heather J, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Detroit Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear sun2200118,
First of all I would like to say thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We pride ourselves in offering the very best service, so each and every opinion matters to us. I am sorry that you found the bed to be a bit firm, they are brand new as of August so they are not worn in. I am glad though that both you and your brother were able to find something that you enjoyed at breakfast; we try to offer a variety so that everyone will find something that is for them. I am happy to hear that your overall experience here at TownePlace Suites Dearborn was a positive one, and we hope that you'll visit us again the next time you are in town!
-Heather Johnson, Sales Manager

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Although a Marriott property, completely underwhelming in many aspects. Felt very much like a dorm or low-end apartment complex. I had booked a handicapped accessible room, with a shower seat for a crew person with an injury, upon check-in we were told that they were sold out and the handicap room they had for us was geared more towards hearing impaired.
Pretty disappointed especially considering the price paid!
Room was a little in need of maintenance, trim that was pulled up, dirty walls around the kitchen area and some other cosmetic damage. Not a typical Marriott experience.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank DachshundDad
Management response:Responded 28 October 2017

Hello!
I would like to take a moment and sincerely apologize for the experience that you had here at our hotel. We do our very best to adhere to the reputation of excellence of the Marriott brand, and I apologize that we did not give you the amazing service you have come to expect from us.
Rest assured that your comments are being passed along to our front desk agents, as making sure to get a handicapped accessible room is a very important request. If you would like to send me the information on your stay (either your name or reservation number) I would be happy to take a deeper look into it.
Once again, I am sincerely sorry that we did not meet the expectations that you are used to from Marriott. We will be addressing these issues with our staff to ensure that these things do not go unnoticed.
If you have any other questions or concerns, or would like to discuss this further, please send me an email and I would be happy to take care of it.

Heather Johnson