All reviews fire station fire department old firehouse room restaurant fire house cool hotel boutique hotel le labo coolest hotel building's history cool vibe junior suite modern design convention center great shower street noise fantastic hotel
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and our 2 sons (4 months and 2.5) stayed in the junior suite on a Friday night after a family wedding in town. We used the valet services and had breakfast in the restaurant downstairs. Everything was absolutely fantastic. Everyone was friendly, check in and check out was a breeze, breakfast was awesome! One of the nicest hotels we’ve ever stayed at, we wish we could of stayed another night and were able to try the restaurant for dinner. The room was great for the four of us, it was nice having the little wall separating our bed from the pull out couch were our son slept, that couch was also very nice and comfortable. We will definelty be coming back and will recommend to our friends and family.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthony T
BobL2326, General Manager at Detroit Foundation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thank you for the awesome review of your time with us. We truly appreciate the support and look forward to next time when you can stay longer. I would be happy to confirm a dinner reservation for you so please contact prior to arrival and I will ensure the best possible experience.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 20 September 2018

I had a short stay at the Foundation in February and just fell in love. Leading up to my sisters Detroit destination wedding that I was planning, I was dreaming about the 3 wonderful days that I would get to use that awesome matte black shower, be steps away from the best Old Fashioned, and bask in the absolute best service. As I was planning the weekend, I had a lot of questions, accommodations, and requests, and the Foundation was so pleasant to work with and made my weekend so much smoother and easier to enjoy.The real clutch came when on the second day members of our party staying at the Crowne Plaza had a horrifying experience involving feces and a face towel... They were all so uncomfortable and unable to relax in their hotel for the rest of the trip. We were so thankful to not be there and to have the confidence in the Foundation to put us at ease. The only tiny thing that I would rethink is getting room service. The first night we were exhausted, ready to relax, and hungry, but the restaurant was full. We were so excited to get a couple of top notch burgers and cocktails delivered to our door to enjoy in the room. Every bit was absolutely perfect, I was just a little bit surprised at the total all in price with taxes and delivery and such. I know it is a luxury and a top notch restaurant with top notch food, but I will certainly rethink taking the walk downstairs next time!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We can't wait for you to come back either! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your time with us and we were able to assist with your friends issues. Our commitment to the Detroit experience is real so it makes us smile when we read reviews like this.

Until next time!

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Loved everything about our recent stay at The Foundation Hotel. The design/renovation is simply spectactular, the service exemplary, great location, fabulous breakfast. Staff is friendly and obviously well trained. We'll be back!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jill K
BobL2326, General Manager at Detroit Foundation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you for the outstanding review of your time with us! We enjoy knowing you approve of what we are doing and what we are contributing to the Detroit experience.

Our team is awaiting your return.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

The old firehouse is really cool and the bar on the first floor is great. The rooms are pretty modern and still have the old cement floor. So, don’t expect a luxury feel in the room but it is clean, comfortable, and they give great service!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the excellent review! We enjoyed spending time with you and are happy to learn you had fun while connecting with our team.

Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

This is a converted Firehouse that is really cool. Staff is great - I stayed earlier in year when there was road construction and, while that was a nightmare and hotel was not advised by city, they did the best with a bad situation. This time there was no road construction issues and room was nicely done and QUIET. Fitness Center is above average. Restaurant is good. Bed is super comfy and shower excellent. This is a unique and good option if staying downtown.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Shev61

Thank you for the positive review. We appreciate your support and loyalty and look forward to your next visit when we can hopefully earn a 5 star review. If you are willing to discuss how we can take your experience to the next level, please contact me directly.

Respectfully,