1,049 results
All reviews front desk people mover cobo hall queen suite joe louis arena great view of the river valet parking hart plaza red wings game corner room definitely stay here again ambassador bridge the room was nice valet service tigers game ford field hotel restaurant
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Good hotel, rooms are a bit on the old
side but clean. Close to Greek street (not town as advertised). Convenient location to the baseball stadium and Canadian border. Service overall very good with friendly staff.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
383armadillo, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Thanks so much for letting us know that you enjoyed your visit! Our staff is truly delighted to be a part of this hotel, and it sounds like they treated you very well.
We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival we were very impressed with the lobby and decor'

Staff very pleasant;Tamyra M at the front desk was very polite and knowledgeable, we really appreciate her efforts she was phenomenal...

Overall very satisfied with our stay, will likely return!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2018

As you arrive the valets will lie to you. They will say that you cannot park overnight anywhere else. They will say that all parking in Detroit is done by valets. This is not true. There is parking across the street for half the price. When you get to the desk they state it is $30 for 24 hours of parking. But, when you return to your car 12 hours later to leave the valets tell you that you owe another $10 for extended parking. You have to argue to get your own key back. When you show the front desk the pictures of the filth in the room at check out, one day early of a two day stay, they act concerned and say someone will call, they never do. Listened to another guest complain about filth, he was told that they are under staffed. So close up if you cannot operate as you should. No excuse for this sort of thing.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
383armadillo, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

I will definitely pass this information on to our third party partner Valet Service. Thanks for letting us know.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Hotel could use some sprucing up. The service was excellent but could use a makeover in the rooms. Both nights I came home my foot didn’t work and had to back downstairs and had them rekey. Bar had good food and drinks and fairly priced

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
383armadillo, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Thanks for the review and for letting us know. We appreciate hearing what you liked and what you did not like.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

This hotel has a good location exceptionally close to the convention center.

My sleeping room had a very good view. Very nice bedding.

~The furniture and furnishings are old and scratched.
~It was not very clean...especially the carpet.
~Cleaning supplies were left in the room both nights.
~Returned from a hard day of work around 6:00 PM----no housekeeping service provided. A complaint to the housekeeping manager got a speedy knock on my door. ~The housekeeper told me there was a "do not disturb sign" on the door all day. NOT. NO.
Many little basic things were disappointments---for example there was no waste paper basket in the bedroom.

There is one place to eat in the hotel---a combined lounge and restaurant. Bad news:
~Very Expensive and poor value. I went to the bar.
~Woefully understaffed----2 servers for 45 guests. The place was packed both nights. Disappointed both nights. I would have walked to some other place, but the weather was horrible.
~Waited 15 minutes for a glass of water and menu.
~Waited 30 minutes for my $14.00 hamburger. Asked for well done---got very rare.

The list goes on. Not a happy camper.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
383armadillo, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

I am sorry to hear about your concerns. It was a pleasure to work through some of these issues with you personally, and I thank you for letting us know in your review how we failed to meet your expectations.

I hope you will visit us in the future with the assurance that I will be attentive to any concerns that you may have.

Thank you again for letting us know.