See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We had reserved a motorhome spot for July 4th weekend, and within the first hour of arrival, we had wished we had stayed somewhere else. Check-in was hectic and the staff was unorganized and very rude. When I originally made the reservation, the RV spot was described by the lady as a “premium pull-through spot.” When we finally made it to our spot we were disappointed to find out it was basically an open field of mowed weeks and mud with haphazard site numbering and discombobulated placement of water, electric, and sewage outlets. The spot was a pull-through if the other tenant wasn’t there and it was certainly far from premium. At this point we would have left and gone somewhere else, but it was prepaid and a holiday weekend and we weren’t likely to find anything else. With minimal help from the staff, we finally figured out where we were to park, set up the utilities, popped out the slide-outs, and immediately received a knock on the door from the “staff” saying we needed to move forward so the RV behind us could set up. We unwound our set up, moved 5 feet forward so the other RV could hook up, then set back up. Within a few hours more RVs set up and by the end of the day it was sea of water hoses, sewage hoses, and electrical cords crisscrossing each other. There wasn’t much space between the RVs, and we were next to a staff trailer that had junk and trash around it. We were apparently in the “new” part of the campground, but I would say it was poorly planned and certainly not designed for comfortable RV camping. Equipment and RV/boat storage was next door, stacks of unused picnic tables, and some heavy equipment which I assumed was used to create the mud pit camping spots. The only good thing I can say about the area was the bathrooms and showers were pretty nice. We would occasionally see campers and seasonal folks ride their golf carts through our area looking like they were visiting a third world country, and at one point hearing a person blurting out “what a s***hole” followed by a shrill laugh.
The rest of the “resort” held seasonal residence, tent camping, and small cabins. And generally the older parts of the place where generally nice. I think calling the place a “resort” is a stretch since there is a pool and a volleyball court with nothing much else. The seasonal residence folks were not very friendly and were very cliquish.
Overall a very disappointing experience, and I would highly recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Campit Outdoor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please accept our apologies for the less than perfect experience at our resort. Holiday weekend check-ins when we are completely sold out are always pretty hectic, but we offer first-time visitors an escort to their site and assistance in setting up – very sorry that didn’t work out for you. You are right about the muddy area. Spring in Michigan was unusually wet this year, and so the new site construction project we started last fall was badly delayed and not completed on time for the busy July 4th holiday weekend. I’m also sorry you didn’t experience the friendliness that most people comment on here. I hope you decide to give us another opportunity to deliver a great vacation experience. We wish you all the best.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I spent $158.00 for a tent site with electric on 4th of July Week. The grounds were not maintained. I stayed in "Old Horseshoe"
My first night tenting the electric outlet pole was in an area with 3 feet tall grass far away from my campsite. The campsites in "Old Horseshoe" were too close together. The next day i requested a different site. I was relocated to "Westwood" which was worse. Some of the tent sites were not marked making it difficult to find your correct spot. The owner showed me the area and said " Find your electric!" And drove off in a golf cart. The sites were poorly maintained and campers have to share the outlets. The electric post i used was surrounded by poison ivy and closer to the road. The shower house uses disgusting well water. The pool had too much chlorine and it burned my eyes. It smelled like bleach. The loyal following they do have werent friendly folks. I said hello to people who did not reply. I cut my 7 day reservation short and left after 3 days. I am from New York State. I will never return to this campground. I do not recommend. Below is a photo of the "campsite" with electric.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Alexenjoyinglif... R

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We strive to ensure all of our guests have an excellent experience and do apologize that you felt your time with us was not as perfect as we would have hoped. You were assigned a campsite in our primitive tent camping area, which does not have sites marked at all. We always book fewer reservations there to ensure more space and do apologize if we could have explained this better during the booking process. We encourage you to reconsider and give us another chance to impress. We wish you all the best.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Was there 20 years ago. Had a blast. Now 4x bigger and 4x worse. Times have changed. Initially four e-mails requesting information and a reservation went unanswered. Finally called. Small cabin with bath $150 weekend night. Sheets and towels extra. Site so small could not build a fire as fire ring about 4' from the car. And sign prohibiting moving the fire ring. And no other place to put the car. Bees building a home 6" from my head on the cabin. Weather was cold and rainy but pool was nicely heated first day Thursday... until, as I understand it, the owner returned from being out of town and lowered the temp. Did not even open the pool one day due to rain. If it had been properly heated it would have been ok even in the sprinkles. (NO LIGHTNING, just summer showers). NO BAR ON GROUNDS. Had to buy overpriced beer in the office or run to town. When I'm on vacation I need a bar. Was told they have one on weekends. NOT! Bar was there. Drink menu was there. No bartender there all weekend.
ONLY bright spot in the weekend was Kim in Biggies Food Truck. Breakfast, lunch and dinner weekends only. Great food. Great price. Great portions. Sadly very few people took advantage. Try the gyros! I appreciate having cabins for those of us who don't want the hassle of tenting, trailers or motor homes. But a little pricey for what it was. No chair or table inside. No closet or bureau for clothes. A few hooks. Did have a small fridge. If you intend to go, go soon. My prediction is it will not be around in 3 years or if it is it will definitely have a different owner who knows how to manage the place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Travel2Much_2008
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Campit Outdoor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

So sorry to hear you were uncomfortable during your stay with us. We are 4 times larger than we were 20 years ago when primitive camping was all we had to offer. Now we are 100 RV sites, 100 tent sites and 40 lodging units of various sizes and types. Most people have appreciated the additional options and amenities. Apparently, you rented one of our one room cabins with private bath. We offer larger cabins with kitchens, living rooms and screen portions as an option for people who prefer more space. The pool is heated to 80 degrees all the time, but when the weather is warm, the sun increases the temperature more. When the air temperatures are cool, it is tough to keep a pool that large warm even with the heater running full blast. We would love to be able to offer a full-service bar, but it is not possible for us to get a license to operate the full bar you expect. We do, however, invite various charities who qualify for fundraising licenses to operate bars on weekends. On weekends when no charity is interested in volunteering to operate a bar for fundraising, we are unable to offer that service. Many people prefer the cost savings of being able to BYOB to the pool and our parties when there is no bar. The bad weather you experienced is a tough break that of course, we can't control. I hope you will give us another try, perhaps in one of our high-end resort cabins with that have the amenities you were expecting.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

This is one of my favorite places to visit in the summer! Staff are very friendly! Campground and pool are nice. Seasonals make this place great! Lots of fun people to meet and great camaraderie. It is like being away at gay summer camp!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacob T
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Campit Outdoor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Hello, Jacob! We're glad to be one of your favorites and love hearing that you could benefit from our friendly service, as well as the great times throughout the seasons. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We have rented a seasonal lot for our trailer at Campit for five years, and absolutely love the campground. The community spirit is warm and welcoming, everyone is extremely friendly. We also love the staff, and really appreciate the great work they do planning and carrying out festive weekend and holiday events. They are very accommodating and helpful. We consider so many people there to be a great friends!
We travel 340 miles round-trip every week of Campit's season to enjoy this great, relaxing place!
Craig H.

Stayed: October 2017
3  Thank CraigACollis
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Campit Outdoor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you for your many kind words, Craig! It's nice to hear that you have been camping with us for five years and have always enjoyed the warmth and friendliness that Campit brings. We appreciate the compliments to our team and are looking forward to your next visit with us.