“Great food, great drinks, great staff!”
Review of Cheap Charlie's

Cheap Charlie's
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Fort Gratiot
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Our group always make this a stop when we are in town for business. They never fail to have top notch pizza a wide variety of appetizers and the drinks are on point. You never have to worry that something you choose off the menu will not be good since we never have tried anything bad. They have a big selection of drinks and reasonably priced! We love Cheap Charlie's!

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have visited Cheap Charlie's a number of times over the last few years. We used to eat in the restaurant section but have switched to the bar area which is windowless but a little cosier. Free popcorn snack when you are seated is a nice touch. My husband had the chicken fajita which he said was okay and I had the portobello burger which is one of the few veg options. It was okay as well. We took home a box as the portions are quite large. Major issue on this visit was the slow, slow arrival of the food. Server said they were using a new computer system or something like that and did apologize several times while we waited and waited for our food. Suggestion- at least offer more water, popcorn while the customers are left to their own devices!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Good food, fast service. A little noisy. I can't think of anything else to add. This is considered one of the places to go in the area.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Love their fall-off-the-bone ribs! My husband loves the giant wet burrito. Variety menu with lots of choices.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We started coming to Cheap Charlie's a few years ago whenever we crossed the border on recommendations from friends. We were glad we did because our meals were always delicious and the price was great. I've only been here a couple of times in the past year, but both times our food was terrible. The quality has really gone downhill. Items that used to be homemade (or at least resembled home made) are no longer. You can tell they've just pulled them out of the bag and heated it up. The pizza used to be to die for here, but it tastes like a frozen crust now (aka no taste!), and I couldn't even eat most of mine because my pizza because it was so soggy and gross. My mom had ordered the broiled chicken sandwich and she said it tasted like rubber and left half of her meal as well. We are so disappointed with Cheap Charlie's, and won't be back. Stop "cheaping" out or you're going to continue to lose more customers!

Date of visit: July 2017