SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
US$134
Bavarian Inn Lodge(Frankenmuth)
US$164
US$159
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth(Frankenmuth)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$95
Priceline
Heidelberg Motel(Bridgeport)
US$59
US$55
US$73
ComfortInn
Americas Best Value Inn(Birch Run)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$76
US$68
All reviewsgreat locationwithin walking distancewafflesspring hillenglish muffinsthe breakfast arearoom was spaciouswet bartwo queen bedsmain strestaurants and shopsliving areawould definitely stay here againbirch rundowntown frankenmuthnice sizepull out couch
Reviewed 13 October 2012

This was the first time at a SpringHills property. We are Marriott members and have always rated their accommodations as very good. We were pleasantly surprised at the Spring Hills in Frankenmuth Mi.

The rooms were very clean and a nice size. The living room area had a couch, desk, chairs, and a wet sink area with a fridge, microwave, coffee service, and a sink. The bedroom had two queen beds, night stand, and a clock with an ipad station for playing your music complete with earphones.

Parking was free as was internet. The breakfast was good for the price which was included in the room rate. We paid $ 106.00 per night with all taxes. I have stayed in inferior accommodations for twice the price.

Also the staff and personnel were so friendly. Maybe it's a Frakenmuth hospitality this area of Michigan is known for.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pkbroch
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Great overnight stay for business in a king room. Plenty of room and a comfortable bed. Breakfast was the typical Springhill fare. Only complaint was some hair in the sink and bathroom floor area. Location along the main drag allows walkimg to restaurants and stores.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This is a hotel we stay at at least once a year. The beds are very comfortable. The surroundings are very pleasing. We have always had a very clean room. There is a pool and hot tub too. You are so close to town you can walk to everything there is to see and do in Frankenmuth. There is a frig and microwave in your room. So you can keep and warm up all those chicken left overs for a snack. A free nice breakfast is included and fills you up. The staff is always pleasant and helpful. Great get-a-way.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights in a jacuzzi suite. The location is excellent for strolling the downtown shopping area. I really enjoyed the modern decor, the lobby was bright and clean. We didn't use the pool, but it looked very nice, it was not busy at all, I think I only saw one or two people in it all weekend. The gym was typical, it was small, had the basics, treadmill, elipical, weight machine, the TV didn't work in there but other than that it was clean. There were plenty of hand towels but no sanitizer to use on the machines, I would have liked to wipe down the treadmill handles and console before and after I used it.

The suite itself was nice. The only major issue we had were the sheets. I pulled them back to give them an inspection before we left for dinner and there appeared to be what looked like a blood stain - I went to the front desk and the bedding was changed right away. The next morning my husband found two small stains on the carpet that also appeared to be suspect, they also came and cleaned the area immediatly. The bed itself was a bit of a disappointment, it was a bit lumpy and the pillows were old and worn. The jacuzzi seemed a bit run down, the covers on the jets kept falling off and the on/off switches were beat up and falling off as well it was also very loud.

Overall, I would stay again. The staff were very friendly, if it wasn't for the stained sheets, I probably would not be so critical of the rest of the suite, but that was totally gross. They did give us a small discount for the issues, which was nice. I just didn't feel this property was as up to par as other Marriott properties I have stayed at.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kori c
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed two nites on the third floor. The hotel is within walking distance to restaurants and shopping and a short drive to outlet malls.

Everything was very clean and new looking even though it is an older building. The staff is friendly.

We had stayed at a Fairfield the nite before and called in advance to get an earlier check-in time for this hotel. At the same time we upgraded to a King Suite from a Queen Studio. The cost remained the same. The girl at the desk was very helpful.

Or room was very nice ... and quiet. We did not hear other guests in the hall or any unusual noises. The bed was OK. It seemed to sag on either side. The lighting over the bed was a nice touch.

Three bathroom was standard. Towels were NOT soft ... I'm beginning to think none of the hotels use any fabric softener. The tub (shower) did not drain well even after I removed the plug. All shampoo, a soaps and lotions were replaced after our first nite ... some hotels do not replace them if they are still usable. The sink was placed outside of the bathroom, which was nice. The hair dryer worked well.

The "restaurant" had the usual hotel breakfast. It was a buffet style area. Nothing special. However it was very large and roomy.

There are really no cons to this hotel. The only fault I could find was minor ... the elevator moaned and groaned. You could hear it while waiting for it as well as when you were in it. The numbers showing the floors inside the elevator were so faint you could hardly see them.

This review shows a three star rating for room service only because I touched it in error...there is no room service.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Call ahead to see if you can upgrade or check-in early. They were veer accommodating.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple