All reviews the wood fired pizza under new management the king size bed wonderful stay indoor pool lodge
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I’m not at all a picky person but this place was a dump. Let me say that we checked in late- about 10pm and the check in was fast and he was very nice. At first glance once inside it doesn’t look really bad. The hotel set up is kind of neat looking it’s just older. The hallways were very dirty and dark. No elevator that I saw. But only two floors. Random office chairs or items in odd places down the hall. Trash and an old rusted gas grill outside the back door where parked.
Our room- somewhat clean but I could tell the carpet and bathroom floor had not been vacuumed or swept. There was a soap wrapper left on the floor from the previous tenants. We had a 2nd floor poolside room that smelled strongly of chlorine and we heard everything. That’s another story down farther. The beds were too hard. TV was flat screen but bad picture quality. Toilet barely flushed.

The pool- could be a nice pool area if it was taken care of. Furniture by pool area was in no particular order and crowded together. It was 10:45pm and the pool was closing at 11pm so I figured i would get a little hot tub time in since it had been a long car ride. Kids were throwing water footballs around and doing cannonballs with no parental guidance. The small hot tub was full of rowdy kids and rowdy parents. The kids were even playing around in the cedar steam room sauna. I understand kids being kids but there was a group of 4 adults at a corner table who brought a wireless speaker blasting rock music like AC/DC and singing along so loudly practically screaming in an echoing pool area. They were screaming at their kids in the pool and slamming glass beer bottles on the table and not once did a hotel attendant tell them to quiet down.
When I got back to my room my husband had the tv up so loud and the ac on to drown out the noise they were making.

The free breakfast- watery eggs, orange juice had been watered down so extremely bad it had no taste. Food serving area was not very clean. Not fresh dirty..old stuck on food dirty. The whole place needs a new paint job, carpet and people who care cleaning it. Not worth the $125 we had to pay to stay there in Gaylord Mi.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gemkat13
Reviewed 21 March 2018

The hot breakfast was terrible it was cold all except the waffle I had made, also no variety. The beds were hard. there were cob webs in the room and the hallway. the pool says it is 5 ft deep but the water level does not hit 5 ft or it would have been over my head. They were late unlocking the pool side. The ladies we dealt with at the front desk were very helpful and kind the guys had a bad attitude. at 10:30 at night there was loud music in the pool room or it sounded as it was coming from their. you could hear others in the hall way no late at night. it would take quite a bit for us to stay there again. over all next time we plan on spending about 100 dollars more and going down the road and getting their spa room with the romantic package.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank lindaloves8911
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

We was a late reservation and got their first room 101. it was SO cold when we walked in that we could see our breath in the room I'm surprised the pipes didn't freeze. it didn't get much warmer threw the night I slept in my hoodie.
also the telephone in the room doesn't work.
the bed was Super soft.
no breakfast provided just coffee
but it was overall a good place.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank pernema
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We stay here every New Years with a huge group of people. And this year it was under new Management. I have to say how awesome they were. Super friendly and accommodating. Looking forward to another trip next month to the Alpine Lodge !

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tracez2017
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We come north once a year to snowmobile and ski. We need a place that accepts pets. This place has potential but needs a lot of work. The lobby, and breakfast area had no working heat. Breakfast was sub par but the ladies working in the morning would make you a hot breakfast of eggs or omelet with sausage if you wanted it. The rooms need work, holes in the walls but mattress was comfortable, bathroom is very small. Pool area was nice, hot tub and sauna worked great. Pool was half decent. For a few nights stay it’s fine and the rate was decent with the pet fee. We paid 89.00 a night. Not a five star stay but would probably stay again.

Date of stay: January 2018