“Best Cupcakes in Grand Rapids!!!!!”
Review of The Salted Cupcake

The Salted Cupcake
Ranked #14 of 29 Dessert in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 16 September 2017

I am a baker. I am a lover of desserts. I'm always looking for the 'next' level of delicious. THIS PLACE IS AMAZING!!!!! Look out Paris patisseries - Salted Cupcake is THE real deal!!! Contrary to 2016 reviews, the frosting is light/buttery/flavorful AND the cake part is moist/tasty/completments-the frosting. The flavors are so unique- not sure how they come up with them, but I continue to find reasons to buy more than I need and share with everyone who visits! Excellent baked goods from a nondescript place on a neighborhood street. Keep up the exquisite baking!!!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

My soon to be daughter-in-law wants cupcakes from here for her rehearsal dinner dessert table. I stopped in 3 days in a row for different cupcakes to try. We didn't find a ONE that was "average" - they were all amazing on so many levels! They are incredible to look at, they have such wonderful flavors, and they WILL sell out! It's best to place an order here - they have menus online and on their Facebook page. You can also custom order flavors if you do it ahead of time. Once we were done with our 3-day cupcake binge, i ordered another 2 dozen to bring back home with me to take into work. You never saw the vultures land like they did that day! People were cutting them in half to share flavors and everyone loved them!
I can't wait to get back to GR and order more, in fact, when my son comes to visit us in August he's bringing more (which i pre-ordered and prepaid for!). The staff makes the indulging so easy!
I can't say enough: the cupcakes are incredible on all levels - the staff is friendly and helpful. Would love to franchise this in OH!!

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a sweet treat after hearing good things. I choose the Pineapple Upside Down Cupcake and my companion had the Cookie Dough Cupcake. Both tasted good.

I could only give 3 stars because the cupcakes just didn't knock my socks off. They were good but nothing amazing. For the prize I expect something more. I'd rather grab some cupcakes from Sprinkles in Rockford.

Also, when we entered the tiny shop the cashier was in the middle of a conversation with someone she clearly knew. They both stood there silently with annoyed looks while we looked over the choices. It felt like we were intruding.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Every detail is taking into consideration. The cookie dough had a cookie on top with a cookie dough style frosting and even chocolate chips in the cupcake. The red velvet was good. The Twix had a Twix piece on top. The Oreo cheesecake had a mini Oreo on top and an Oreo crust. The salted caramel vanilla bean was delightful as was the chocolate one.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Possibly the best cupcake I've ever had! We ordered a dozen cupcakes for a family Mother's Day celebration and were very pleased with our order. This little bakery is tucked out of the way in a residential neighborhood. This little gem may not look like much from the outside, but the delicious cupcakes that are inside are out of this world! Consider ordering them for your next celebration.