“Open for Sunday lunch”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2018

A group of friends met here for lunch on a Sunday. Many restaurants in Grand Rapids are closed on Sundays, so it's always nice to discover one that is open.

We had fried dumplings as an appetizer, and they were extremely tasty. Five pieces in the order which came with a dipping sauce. I had the Sushi Combo A, which includes five pieces of sushi chosen by the chef and a California roll. I also had the miso soup. The soup was part of the combo and tasted very good. I was very pleased with the five pieces I received. There was salmon, tuna, shrimp, and two I didn't recognize - one pale and one dark like preserved fish that was tied with a band of seaweed around the rice. Five plus the roll were plenty of food for me. I also tried a couple of pieces of the others' dishes: the Playboy roll was very impressive and delicious, I didn't care for the beef teriyaki roll.

Other members of the group had hibachi instead of sushi, so people who don't like sushi should definitely feel comfortable joining their sushi-loving friends. There were several options like that. Aside from the dining room with regular tables, the lounge area on the other side of the bar has stuffed chairs and couches so you could sit there and eat instead. Everyone who used the restrooms remarked on their luxuriousness, but I did not see that for myself on this visit.

I was very impressed by this place and am looking forward to returning. I thought the prices were reasonable and the service was excellent.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 24 August 2018

A friend of ours is staying in Grand Rapids and we went up for the afternoon to see her and to take her to lunch. It was her pick & she chose JU Sushi Lounge. What a good choice. The restaurant was beautiful. The service was friendly and efficient & the food was wonderful.I didn't have the Small House Udon but it looked wonderful.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Have eaten here several times and it’s always good sushi Tuesday evening is half price PLAYBOY Roll.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Playboy roll is one of the more popular menu items that is Flamed table side. Rainbow roll and dragon are 2 of our other favorites

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Teriyaki and sushi fresh and well made. Starters were solid homemade crab Rangoon very good. Chicken teriyaki and soba noodles with grilled shrimp. Assorted sushi was delicious.

Date of visit: March 2018