“Good authentic meal”
Review of El Burrito Loco

El Burrito Loco
Ranked #216 of 996 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Enjoyed our Mexican meal very much. Greeted with chips and Salsa, Great Ultimate Margarita. We always order burritos but the menu is large and kitchen honors dietary requests.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I wanted to treat myself to a good authentic Mexican meal. I thought I was in the right place because no one spoke English here and the manager was sitting by the front door on a bench. First bummer, they have no good beer. Have all the disappointing Mexican beers you can think of; and Bud and Miller Lite along with Oberon. Besides the Oberon, not a single craft beer which surprised me because they cater to Gringos. Ordered the chirozo queso for an app and it didn't have much meat in it. The cheese is white Velveeta but I knew that it would be. For $9 it fell short and even the chips were nothing special. I ordered a chili rellenos with beef and a beef chimichunga with rice and beans. Rellenos are hard to make right, they need to be stuffed, battered and deep fried without falling apart and they sure don't know how to do it here. It had no meat in it, was flat as a pancake and was extremely watery with the pepper just mush inside the very un-fried blanket of batter. They smothered it in a thin watery tomato sauce in an apparent attempt to disguise its appearance. I believe it was made in advance, refrigerated, then microwaved to order. instead of a Chimichunga, they made a burrito, also with very little meat in in and also completely smothered in the watery sauce. The beans had been thinned down to the point that you could east them thru a straw. The server agreed that the chimmi was a burrito and said that the chili pepper was watery because they put cheese in it? She talked in Spanish to the manager about my plate, who although was a few feet from me, never gave me the time of day and I of course have no idea what she told him. I reordered two tacos, one chicken and one steak and they took about 15 minutes to come out even though they were very slow. The chicken was devoid of any flavor like it was pulled from a pan of hot water. The steak was little pellets like you might get from a grinder and were so over cooked that they actually crunched and hurt my teeth which explains why the reorder took so long. The server let me know that the manager applied a coupon of $5.50 to my bill which left a tab of $25 for an absolutely terrible meal. I wonder if they ever made something good here in the past but I would steer clear of this place. On my way out, the manager who was still sitting on the bench, gave me a big smile and a bigger phony "thank you sir".

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Met a group at this restaurant for lunch and enjoyed it! Service, food, and selection were excellent!

Chips served warm with good salsa.....salsa picante an option if asked.

The lunch selections were just right....not too much to eat like most places and prices good.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Taken to the restaurant by son in law and daughter. Perfect way to end a long and trying day after unpleasant experience flying Southwest. Tasty Mexican food together with great service was what we got. Good job!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Our first time here. We ordered traditional lengua tacos and the menudo and they were both delicious! The restaurant is clean, nicely decorated and the staff are very friendly and proficient.