“Great food & pretty good cupcakes”

Arnie's Bakery Restaurant
Ranked #102 of 991 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 January 2017

We had a large group of family with us and Arnie's was a great place to go! They had plenty of room for us and while we weren't super loud, we didn't feel like we needed to be hush-hush. I ordered a fantastic salad and was excited that it, too, came with a cupcake! :) Our family that lives in Grand Rapids likes visiting Arnie's.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

My daughter and I were shopping at the Centrepoint Mall and noticed an Arnie's next to mall and since we really like the Arnie's in rockford we decided we'd have dinner there. We had to wait for the greeter to stop talking into her head piece with whoever about personal life ( couldn't help but hear as we standing right at the station) waiting to get service) We both ordered the pot pie for $ 8.99 nothing came with itand it wasn't
good at all. My daughter ordered the Riviera salad, this also wasn't good,lots of water only a few pieces of fruit and the server didn't even bother with the nuts. Servers was so slow,never
came back to check and see if we needed anything, he was to busy talking with the other workers. I won't be back here again.

1  Thank lsap1951
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

So dissapointed! The noodles in the chicken noodle soup looked like they were crushed or from the bottom of the bag. It was too salty this time. Our waiter Pablo was one of the worst. Had to ask for silverware, water and drink refills, flag him down for desserts and boxes along with the check. It took an hour to get seated and get our food. The French dip was good and the kids man n cheese as well. I won't be back for a long time.

1  Thank Lori N
Reviewed 28 December 2016

On Dec 27th, I visited the Arnie's on 54th street with a coworker for lunch. I am lactose and gluten intolerant. I always tell the server right away. I mostly get very positive results from servers, but not this time. Her answer "Well, we don't have much you can eat, we don't have anything gluten free and I'm not sure what we can do". Eeks! Not exactly a great way to start my lunch. I ended up just getting a salad with grilled chicken on, but their servers need to be trained to help those with food issues. Also, I would encourage Arnie's to update their menu with gluten-free options.

2  Thank LJC0311
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Used to go to Arnie's all the time; no more. Way too noisy. Last time I visited with friend at 11:30. By the time 12 rolled around we were leaning into each other & raising our voices to be heard. Never again. Food good but not worth the noise.

Not only do I no longer go to Arnies with friends but cousins get-togethers and sister/mother get-togethers bypass Arnies as well.

1  Thank judithlynn408