“You want a terrible experience? dine here.”
Review of Village Inn Pizza

Village Inn Pizza
Ranked #391 of 997 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 8 June 2016

They tell you that a table will be available in 20 minutes, you don't get seated for 50. The manager is rude. The food is bad and over priced. By the way, I saw three people leave without paying their bill. I loved the expression on the managers face when the waitress told him. Won't stay open long with the guy running this place. Go someplace else where you can get an great meal at a great price and actually sit down and get waited on quickly.

Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

Went here for a weekday lunch, we were quickly seated and the server came over and asked about drinks and lunch choice. We had the pizza buffet which had a nice selection of different types of pizza, break sticks and cookies. We were quickly in and out in about 35 minutes. The nice part is the pizza was pretty fresh and very tasty.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

Recently gave Village Inn in Grand Rapids another try after not eating here for many years due to poor food quality. (FYI, their location in Holland is EXCELLENT) Well, they've improved on the food taste and quality. I went at lunch time and ordered the pizza buffet as, at $5.99, it beat the heck out of the regular menu prices. I asked our server before ordering if the buffet included your drink and she said it did. So my parents and I all ordered the buffet and three soft drinks. When we got the bill, it was $26 as all three soft drinks (at $2.89 each) were on the bill. So I flagged down our female server and asked her about it, reminding her that she had told us that drinks were included. She just looked at the bill and said, "Oh, sorry" And that was it. No mention of seeing what she could do to take them off the check, no mention of talking to a manager.
So, while the food was very good (taco pizza and subs in particular were excellent), this restaurant charges way too much for soft drinks and lacks good servers.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

This Beef and Bean wet Burrito is so good! I want to eat it all but I can't because it's so much food. Monday night's they have buy one wet burrito get 2nd wet burrito free! I love it because basically one of my kids gets to eat free. LOL The waiters are nice and friendly. It is a bar so you have to go before the bar scene kicks in. But other than that I love it. Oh yeah they have Karaoke

Reviewed 7 December 2015 via mobile

The atmosphere here is nice even if a little dark. There are a lt of TV's. Tbe only real problem atmospherically is the tables are way too packed together.

I ordered an all meat beef Wet Burrito. It was very large. However it was also not that good. The meat was very bland. The red sauce is average at best. I ordered extra onions with it and only got a small amount. At about $12 I expect much better.

I also thought the service was very slow, friendly but slow.

I thought perhaps I was being too harsh giving 2 stars, since I have only tried 1 meal. However I talked to a friend who has never been impressed here either!