“Yummy tots and dogs!”
Review of Blue Dog Tavern

Blue Dog Tavern
Ranked #93 of 950 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 10 March 2017

My friend and I visited this place on a Thursday night after work and we really enjoyed it! We each had a delicious hot dog and tots. I am a huge fan of anything buffalo, and really enjoyed the buffalo tots. The tots were perfectly cooked and topped with buffalo wing sauce and blue cheese. YUM! Also a pretty good beer selection- would definitely recommend for some yummy bar food!

1  Thank Christy M
There are newer reviews for Blue Dog Tavern

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

A very cramped space in a wonderful older building. It gets very loud inside.

I had the Rodeo Burger with fries and some of their Breakfast Tots. The Rodeo burger is a 1/2 ib with onions and bbq sauce. It was a good burger. Not one of the best as some people have claimed, but good none the less. The fries were forgettable. The breakfast tots were very good. Nice crispy tots with good bacon, a really good cheddar cheese, and a really good Sunnyside egg all with a light maple taste.

Service was hectic. Too many people for the staff level.

Overall a 4 star rating. I would come back sometime.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Best neighborhood bar in the West side. Don't go because you might take my seat!

But you won't be sad if you do go.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Fantastic tavern. Friendly staff, large selection of drinks, great atmosphere, and amazing tater tots!

Reviewed 2 December 2016

As I walked into the Blue Dog Tavern I remember it smelling good. Small menu with sandwiches, burger's and hot dogs with a few other items made with tator tots and of course drinks and beers and micro brewery beers. The price was average and service was good.Three of us are for little over 40 bucks with some beer and soft drinks. I had the Cooper dogs comes with homemade chips or additional cost for fries or tots and 2 dollars more for an additional fog witch I did because IT WAS GOOD. Would I go back? Yes I would.