“I never thought...”

H.O.M.E
Ranked #256 of 948 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar
Description: To the live music lover (be it jazz, rock, country or blues), The B.O.B. would like to say,"Welcome H.O.M.E.!" The House Of Music & Entertainment is Grand Rapid's newest venue for outstanding live music. In the tradition of Sweet Wallace's and The Loading Dock, The B.O.B. is going back to its roots on the first floor. The room is rustic and casual, perfectly reflecting the warehouse origins of The B.O.B., while providing an appropriate atmosphere for the most beloved American musical genres. And speaking of classic Americana, don't forget H.O.M.E.'s new Bourbon Bar, featuring a limitless supply of bourbon and whiskey. With an easy going atmosphere, approachable menu, classic beverage list, and musical styles for everyone, H.O.M.E. is like your favorite old pair of jeans - it just fits!
Reviewed 21 April 2017

...I'd see the end of Crush Nightclub...
But I did and they did a great job renovating and recreating. Adding craft cocktails, draft beer and live music, this place feels like HOME.
The decor is nice and HOMEy as well.

Gilmore C, Gilmore Collection Brand Ambassador at H.O.M.E, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Matthew, thank you for the positive feedback. We hope we'll be seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I attend the GRLive radio show on Thursdays, produced by local independent radio WYCE 88.1 FM, every chance I get. The host knows his stuff, chats just enough to let the audience feel like they know the musicians, and then lets them loose to play whatever it is they do best. It's a great place to have lunch and a beer on a too-hot for outdoors summer day or a rainy day, or...anytime you want to enjoy free, quality music and a great tasting freshly brewed beer.

Gilmore C, Marketing Ambassador at H.O.M.E, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2016

Glad you could make it out to our GRLive luncheon. We hope to continue to see you on Thursday's!

-The HOME Staff

Reviewed 30 January 2016

We visited Grand Rapids to celebrate my birthday with friends on a Friday in January. The B.O.B. appealed to us because we could enjoy a meal then party at the various venue's without having to leave the building. I valet parked so my wife wouldn't have to walk in the cold from the nearby parking deck in her heels and dress. The parking deck was listed at $8 when we drove by and valet was $10 so the extra couple dollars was well worth it.

We enjoyed the live band at the House of Music & Entertainment (H.O.M.E.) following our dinner. For a Friday night, this venue wasn't exactly hoppin' but there were plenty of people to fill seats and some dancing. I like the decor and feel of this place. The solid wood tables are beautiful. The different elevations and open wall framing (separating the bar area from the dance floor) make enjoying live entertainment accessible to most. The leather seating off-stage on the riser at the back of the bar (stage side) is nice to see. This used to be something I saw more frequently in the Chicago area at higher end clubs. These days the sports bar scene and standing at tables seems to dominate everywhere. So I found this refreshing. Given that the bar wasn't packed, I'd have thought the servers would have been a bit more attentive. However, we weren't ignored and service came with a smile. I enjoyed H.O.M.E. enough to say I'll come back again.

1  Thank sprkspys

HOME was pleased to have you as our guests. We hope you can make the trip back soon!

-The HOME Staff