“Great timing”

O'Toole's Public House
Ranked #196 of 996 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Stopped here for lunch after a meeting at GVSU. We were told this was a great place to eat but to expect it to be packed. Lucky for us it was spring break and the place was deserted. So the tip was half right...not busy at all but the food was well worth the short walk. I tried the Cuban Sandwich which was really good but nothing like the Cuban's I've had in South Florida. If you stop here give it a try! I was told the burgers are also very good. The service was also very good, but since it was so slow it wasn't really a good test.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

A very nice atmosphere here. From the wooden tables with people carving their initials to the general feel of community.

I went on a Saturday when they have half price wings. So I ordered the bbq chipolte ones. However I went here because they made a list of places with great hamburger. I ordered a burger with pulled pork and aged white cheddar cheese. While the burger was no Stellas it was very good. Sometimes when you get pulled pork on a burger it detracts from both. Not this, the burger and pork were both juicy. The fries also very good. Nice and thick fries. As for the wings while the chipolte bbq wasn't quite what I was expecting it too was very good. Not 1 thing was less than very good.

The service was exceptional.

Overall a Solid 4 1/2 stars. Sadly I have to round. It's not a 5, that is the only reason it is getting 4 stars.

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

Irish pub on the northwest side. I found my new favorite burger! Michigan cherries, blue cheese, spinach, burger in a fried tortilla with balsamic drizzle!

Reviewed 3 August 2016

Whenever we're in GR, on a Sunday, we always stop by O'Tooles for a burger and bloody Mary. $3 Mary's with a great little 'fix it yourself' BM bar. Plenty of different hot sauces, dill sauce, etc. Love it! also, $5 burgers & fries. Can't be beat. Our server was great, food served quickly. what's not to like? We'll be back on our next visit.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

If you are in a hurry this is not the place for lunch. The Rubeun and tater tots was great. Others I was with had the buffalo wrap. They said it was good but had way more slaw than chicken.