“Great Food, friendly owner, free samples”
Review of Gita Pita

Gita Pita
Ranked #182 of 997 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I had lunch here for the first time this week. The food was excellent. The owner explained the menu in deatail and offered free samples. I had a rice bowl with chicken shawarma, cucumber salad and garlic sauce. It was very good. I also had a homemade pita and samples of lentil soup and falafel. All the food I tasted was excellent.
The restaurant would benefit from a cleaning. The tables felt sticky and the floor was quite dirty.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

After driving past this location many times, I finally got a chance to stop in here for lunch. I had the chicken shawarma which was very good and also had the fries with it which were homemade and fantastic. Get them with a side of garlic sauce to dip them in.
The guy behind the counter was very nice, I think he might be the owner. He also gave us some free samples of deep fried falafel, which were outstanding and I'll probably order them next time.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

This is hands down my favorite place to grab a great priced Mediterranean meal. Their falafel is the best I've ever had. The staff is always very friendly & welcoming and the owner is usually working the line & will give you samples of anything you haven't tried before. I would highly recommend trying the falafel Fattah bowl. It's knod of like the "Qdoba of med food".

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have been coming here for a year now and every single time the service is phenomenal, and the food is amazing. I have never been disappointed here after many, many visits. Great options for vegans and vegetarians too!

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Food was good. I ordered the steak bowl and the young man working offered to top it with what he recommended. I put my trust in him and he came through. Food was fresh and all of the toppings delightful. Kids ordered steak pitas and the service was too notch.