“CHICAGO DRIVE PUB KARAOKE”
Review of Chicago Drive Pub

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chicago Drive Pub
Ranked #62 of 88 Restaurants in Grandville
Reviewed 19 September 2014

CHICAGO PUB KARAOKE NIGHT
This is the second time we have visited the Chicago Pub for their Thursday Karaoke.

FOOD:
This is the 2nd time I was wowed by their quality food. I had the deep fried cod fish sandwich. There were actually two fish on top of each other. The server said she liked that sandwich and I would have to agree. I had waffle fries for the first time. They are interesting eating. The server was good, keeping close watch on our table.

KARAOKE:
We have been all around Grand Rapids taking in every Karaoke establishment known to us. We’ve been out some 125 times and counting. We see it over and over and over again; Female DJ’s are just not sound people. They don’t recognize distortion, clipping, overload, gain structure or even listen for it-just plug and play LOUD. Loud, however, can be beautiful IF it is clean. I thought the voice coil was going to burn out when my singing buddy hit a certain sustained note. If this were my first time exposure to Karaoke, as Ricky Neslon sings in Garden Party, “I’d rather drive a truck.” Additionally, there is no stage monitor so you can hear yourself. There is no display monitor for the audience to see the words. If there were a 2nd video monitor I would have sung from that position which would have placed me in front of the speakers so I could at least hear what the audience hears.

Well, the DJ happened to have the new song I have been practicing this week and I got the chance to do it for the first time-not perfect but still a keeper. At this point we exited.

Grandville has restaurants I have frequented for the last 50+ years but I am now going to add The Chicago Pub to that list for lunch.

There are newer reviews for Chicago Drive Pub