“Good wine and friendly helpful staff”

Pleasantview Vineyards & Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: Sustainably grown, local Michigan grapes - low sulfites, fresh flavor, remarkable value. Support your local vintner, buy local and enjoy it! Reds, whites and blushes - including ice wines. Dry to sweet, we make it all. Visit our website for tasting room times. Wine education seminars available as well.
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Glenn was so helpful, this was the first time in the area and he gave us tips for touring. Wine was very good. Only point was grounds have a few areas that need some work or are getting work done. But overall a nice visit.

Reviewed 13 March 2016

I loved all of the wines I tasted; about nine or ten. Low prices make it perfect.
Going to stay here next trip up north.
Harry

Reviewed 15 December 2015

The owners are really working on creating a gem here, but it definitely will take some time. Our room was pleasant, however, very dated with dust on the TV stand and shelving throughout. In saying that, the people are so friendly and welcoming. The breakfast both mornings were delicious, and they have wine and snacks out during the day. The winery is beautiful as well, with great conversations from the host. There's a huge deck out back but we didn't venture out there due to the weather. Beautiful place to check out.

Reviewed 27 August 2015

I visited the winery on Saturday August 22nd with a group of about seven. The wine tasting room has several tables and a bar. We sat at a table and then later moved outside as it was a nice day. They have a nice patio with tables too. I believe the tasting was only $5 each and I did buy one bottle of wine. I'm not sure if they serve any food, I don't think so but they give a few crackers. Lots of fun!

Reviewed 8 October 2014

My friends and I were a little concerned when we walked into the tiny, unassuming tasting room at Pleasantview Winery. We've been accustomed to some of the fancier places in the Traverse City area and didn't know quite what to expect of this. When Dr. Jerry Perrone came in to give us a tasting, we weren't concerned for long. Although he gave us a lengthy education on the cold hardy American varietals he grows versus the European varietals we're used to drinking, every moment was interesting and often humorous. We did eventually get to the tasting and Jerry even joined us for a few sips and several toasts. The tasting covered 4-5 of the reds he currently has in stock because all of his whites are sold out. I think that is a testament to their quality. The reds I had were delicious and Jerry told us not only about the history of each grape type in the wines, but also talked about food pairings. The tasting was $5 and included the souvenir glass.

Some may complain about the small, dark, and simple tasting area here. They may also complain about how long it takes Jerry to get past the educational portion to pouring his wines. My friends and I thought it was a great experience, though. This was a winery owner and operator who loves his product and teaching people about it. He wasn't shoving us through like cows or being pretentious as I've experienced at some of the more famed wineries of Traverse City. He wasn't adding the overhead of a fancy tasting room or sparkly labels or mass marketing to the cost of his wines or his tastings. His wines were reasonably priced, most between $8-12/bottle. The opportunity to taste American hybrid grapes was something I'd never done before. I can't recall anywhere else I've been in Michigan where I didn't get the traditional Chardonnay, Reisling, or red European blends. He made us laugh. He made us feel like we were important customers and wanted us to leave educated, happy, and with a box of good wine. He succeeded on all three counts.

5  Thank vwp11