“Mama - Mia! Great lasagna!”
Review of Johnny Carino's

Johnny Carino's
Ranked #38 of 248 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Ok, Ok, it’s likea American Italian style. Good tasting hearty food. I had the 9 dollar lunch lasagna special. It was the best lasagna I’ve had in awhile. The aroma in the place was of olive oil and garlic cooking and for some reason it definitely(or at least possibly) made me feel like I was in Italy! We both enjoyed our meal and I will return.
Finally our waitress was excellent?

Reviewed 18 December 2017

They have good beers on draft and the best Lasagna in town. Always plenty of fresh bread on hand and the people are great

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Well, three years ago we visited this restaurant and wrote a review which befitted the place - it was good in all aspects. Not so this time. As an example, I ordered a pasta dish with gorgonzola sauce and chicken. I love gorgonzola cheese for its saltiness and "bite", but the "sauce" that was served was nothing more than a light cream sauce and some pieces of gorgonzola cheese placed on top of the dish. Totally tasteless as you got to the pasta and "shaved" chicken pieces. It had little taste of the cheese.
My wife's dish featured the reddest salmon I have ever seen. She said the vegetables were tasty, but the rest of the dish not so.
Unfortunately, once done well, twice done not so. Fogetaboutit!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Before the critique of the restaurant, it is important to recognize that the staff at this restaurant were excellent, from the hostess to the table waiter (Chris).

The ambiance of the restaurant is advertised to be "Country Italian." It comes off as a kind of country Denny's. Booths and half walls throughout the restaurant give it more of a diner feel than I think the owners hope it might.

The food quality was acceptable, but just not enough to bring us back. Flavors were bland. Minestrone was filled with far over-cooked veggies. The bread was served warm and crisp and the garlic & herb olive oil was great. Too bad that this was the highlight of the meal. Chicken on the kebabs was chewy, sauce in the bow tie pasta was bland.

It's not that it was terrible, it was just not special. It was not inexpensive enough to be called a value meal. It was not good enough to be called mid-range dining.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The best thing about the visit was our young waitress, who was helpful and enthusiastic. We had the calamari for an appetizer, though tender, it was dry and the marinara sauce was bland. The shrimp Caesar salad was overdressed, not a Cesar salad dressing at all. The shrimp were a little under cooked. But it was a big salad, albeit drowning in some kind of dressing.

Not what I was expecting after reading the reviews. Sadly disappointed.